Horror stories with PayPal USA advanced

recoil

I am just putting my 2 cents about "PayPal USA advanced" since I do need to vent out to achieve peace.

I been trying to get this stupid module to work for weeks to no avail, I have spend hours on the phone with PayPal from representative to representative, I am not kidding when I say I must have spoken with 15 different agents that is without counting the emails.

I finally got a definite answer from PayPal today; Prestashop is responsible for the module and PayPal can't do a darn thing, that is right they do not know how since the setting are hard coded into the module.

I tried to get support from Prestashop when this nightmare started, they never answer my email in other words do yourself a favor and skip the PayPal module for something else that actually has support.

I am disappointed in PayPal but the real surprise is Prestashop since they are the ones that disappoint the most, I did not get one response from them that is abysmal the only way to get information is here and is all good and great until you get in a bind where no one in this forum can help.

In the end I am stuck with Prestashop since I put so much time and effort and some money into setting my site up with it however if I would have know I was going to go though this much trouble with no support at all from them I would have gone with a different cart.

Anyhow nothing that can be done now but look for a different payment method to my site and hopefully in the near future I can migrate to a different cart or "wishful thinking" Prestashop gets their game together and starts supporting the community better, this is a learning experience that I learned the hard way I hope you do not have to.

I am just putting my 2 cents about "PayPal USA advanced" since I do need to vent out to achieve peace.

I been trying to get this stupid module to work for weeks to no avail, I have spend hours on the phone with PayPal from representative to representative, I am not kidding when I say I must have spoken with 15 different agents that is without counting the emails.

I finally got a definite answer from PayPal today; Prestashop is responsible for the module and PayPal can't do a darn thing, that is right they do not know how since the setting are hard coded into the module.

I tried to get support from Prestashop when this nightmare started, they never answer my email in other words do yourself a favor and skip the PayPal module for something else that actually has support.

I am disappointed in PayPal but the real surprise is Prestashop since they are the ones that disappoint the most, I did not get one response from them that is abysmal the only way to get information is here and is all good and great until you get in a bind where no one in this forum can help.

In the end I am stuck with Prestashop since I put so much time and effort and some money into setting my site up with it however if I would have know I was going to go though this much trouble with no support at all from them I would have gone with a different cart.

Anyhow nothing that can be done now but look for a different payment method to my site and hopefully in the near future I can migrate to a different cart or "wishful thinking" Prestashop gets their game together and starts supporting the community better, this is a learning experience that I learned the hard way I hope you do not have to.

In the PayPal Module, what did you put in the "PayPal Business Account" field?

Make sure you enter your PayPal account "primary email address"

I've got the same problem. PayPal advanced just doesn't work out of the box. Still can't figure it out. I've also spent a few hours with PayPal. They told me they're getting more and more people with Prestashop who can't get paypal advanced to work and they suggested I get a more robust shopping cart. 

Frustrating.... 

Fresh install of PayPal USA version 1.3.8 on Prestashop version 1.5.6.2 - Paying via PayPal, the message when returned to the site says:

Order confirmation

Unfortunately, an error occurred during the transaction.

Please double-check your credit card details and try again. If you need further assistance, feel free to contact us anytime.

Even though there is the error, the order processed.

Paying by credit card the payment goes through, but no order is processed. Pain in the ass. You'd think Prestashop would have the PayPal module as a top priority.

Edited by mr913 (see edit history)

I know your pain, it sucks maybe if enough people complain to PayPal they put the screws to Prestashop to make a reliable module.

I moved to Braintree it worked flawlessly in the first try, on the downside the module cost $40 from Bellini but at least it works.

hi,

i am using ps 1.6 and us paypal module, my shop's default currency is in INR and i have kept dollar as paypal currency (since paypal doesnot support INR) , my problem is while redirecting to paypal account for payment paypal is not converting my currency to Dollars .

for ex:- 100INR is dispayed as 100$, and in my invoice and in order section it displays the amount in dollars. 

How to convert my currency into Dollars in paypal payment section ?

How to display default currency in my invoice?

This seems to be recurring theme when I search for answers to my questions about the PayPal USA Advanced module. I use PayPal Advanced on another website and it works great. Payment page is hosted by PayPal, so there are no security issues. But it is placed on the page seamlessly so that people may not even know it is not on your site.

The issue I have is that there is absolutely no documentation on this plugin out there. I MAY be entering some information wrong on my end, but there's not way to tell, because I can't find any instructions on exactly what to enter there. All I know is that when I disable all payment solutions except PayPal, and switch from PayPal Standard to Advanced, Prestashop tells me that there are no payment solutions installed. This is on a fresh install of Prestashop with the demo products installed.

When I spoke with a colleague about the situation she suggested that I switch platforms to a more robust eCommerce solution. I would rather not have to go through all of that work again since I just migrated everything from Zen Cart a few months ago, but at this point I have had multiple issues upgrading Prestashop and themes, and still have not had a successful sale online via this platform. If anyone from Prestashop central can give a hint as to how to get PayPal Advanced setup to actually allow online payments through my store that would be fantastic!

I hear ya! The module works if you select PayPal Standard, but not Advanced. I have had issued with this on a different cart, trying to figure out what values to enter for Merchant Login, User and Password. I did setup a new user in PayPal Manager, and updated the settings for the Hosted Checkout Settings. Prestashop says that this is module is certified, 4.5 out of 5 stars from user reviews, and that it supports PayPal Advanced, Payflow Link and Express Checkout. Has anyone got any of the other solutions to work on the latest version of Prestashop 1.6.0.9?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks Bellini13 but I was hoping that it would work with a PayPal account since I have to accumulate 3K +  per month to get a better rate per transaction.  Based on the posts I have seen here on PayPal module and the time this has been ongoing, I guess I shouldn't have high hopes on PrestaShop fixing it to work for Payflow.  I will give it another week or two of more research to decide.  Thanks!