Order confirmation logo attachment

Hi

On v1.5.6.2 if your edit the order confirmation email template (order_conf) to remove a logo, when the email is sent the logo is still sent as an attachment to the email!

Can someone please point me in the right direction as to how to prevent logo being sent?

Thanks

there is the default template for mails in the folder "mails" that exists in the root of your site or the root of your theme. so if you use the default edit that one if you use the template go and see if the mails files of the template are possibleto be edited.

another solution may be to not include the logo in the invoices by going to you BO-preferences-themes-theme appearance- then delete the logo in the invoices logo .

hope this will help a little

Thanks for your reply.

I'm able to edit the email template and remove the logo. the problem is that even if I remove logo from template it still gets sent as an attachment with the order confirmation email.

If I go into the theme setup - I have not specified a logo - yet a warning message underneath say that if no email logo provided the main header logo will be used instead, so can't see here how I disable the use of logos on emails

Thanks

logo is associated via php in Mail.php class located in classes/mail.php file

there is a code:

if (Configuration::get('PS_LOGO_MAIL') !== false && file_exists(_PS_IMG_DIR_.Configuration::get('PS_LOGO_MAIL', null, null, $id_shop)))
				$logo = _PS_IMG_DIR_.Configuration::get('PS_LOGO_MAIL', null, null, $id_shop);
			else
			{
				if (file_exists(_PS_IMG_DIR_.Configuration::get('PS_LOGO', null, null, $id_shop)))
					$logo = _PS_IMG_DIR_.Configuration::get('PS_LOGO', null, null, $id_shop);
				else
					$template_vars['{shop_logo}'] = '';
			}
  • Like 1

Thanks Vekia, I'll edit that code.

Note: It's a shame that you can't specify no logo via UI i.e. not assigning logo should not attach one, instead of it defaulting to the header logo if you don't provide one. Not sure how works in 1.6

@walidon: Is your question for me? If so, edit what?

Edited by redactuk (see edit history)

as i told you before check which mail folder are using the one of your root or theme root.

plus try vekia's suggestion.

for me it worked fine.

there are other few things to do like clear cache, regenerate thumbnails which may solve the problem.

good luck

as i told you before check which mail folder are using the one of your root or theme root.

No idea what you are talking about. I know which folder my templates are in as I've already customised the mail templates. The issue is that regardless of the fact I've removed the logo from the order confirmation  template (and it correctly no longer displays in the email message) the logo is still being sent with the email as an ATTACHMENT.

Yes I will edit the code as per Vekia's suggestion. I will also log a request for change report.

Edited by redactuk (see edit history)

i will explain:

in the root of your site (where prestashop is installed) you ahve many folders like admins, modules, classes, download... themes etc...and mails.... 

in that folder mails in the root of your site there is the default mails.

if you go to root-of-your-site/themes/your-theme/ then you will find the folder mails too. BUT it may not be similar to the one in the root of your site!

this is what I mean:)

Cheers

Wallidon, did you know that earth is round?

If my answer is helpful, hit the "like this" as a sign of recognition.

:D

No way! the earth is round! u r joking aren't you?:)

they taguht us at shool that it is flat:) otherwise people will fall into the deep space:)

B)

• 1 year later...

Thanks Vekia

I found this helpful.

Commenting this bit of code in classes/mail/php worked for me.

if (isset($logo))
//$template_vars['{shop_logo}'] = $message->attach(new Swift_Message_EmbeddedFile(new Swift_File($logo), null, ImageManager::getMimeTypeByExtension($logo)));