Embedding Youtube Video on Main & Product Description

Can't seem to find this anywhere, but could someone tell me how to add a youtube embedded image on the main page (like in the scrolling banner part of main) and in the product description?  I am using the most current version and everytime I try and embed a video it tells me "Description field invalid".  Thanks

Russ

Edited by milezone (see edit history)

to place videos on product description you don't have to use any module, possibility to add videos there it's a native prestashop function.

if you want to place contents somewhere else, you can try to use html box free module

Yes I actually bought the full pro version, but having issues with it right now.  As for video, there is no possible way to add as I alwasy get errors and invalid messages?  I just copy embedded image link, and place it with no luck, I think I am totally missing something here.  What is the actual proceedure to add a video to product description?  Thanks

Edited by milezone (see edit history)

using most current version.  Trying to embed like <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ns97vlKrq4s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

it should work! 

can you share access to your back office?

we are probaly talking via email, right?

I'm using

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bnmAoHiAHJQ?rel=0" width="480" height="360"></iframe>

together with patched TinyMCE:

extended_valid_elements:"iframe[src|width|height|name|align]"

It depends on your version:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5220754/is-there-a-way-to-be-able-to-insert-iframe-in-tinymce

http://www.tinymce.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=58808

• 1 year later...

Got the same problem - have videos on vimeo (supposedly accepted by PS that's why I paid for their upgrade) tried embedding - no luck - tried link - no luck - this is supposed to be a normal function in PS but nothing works. When trying to place a video into my slider with the link to vimeo - again no luck - the functions are there but it just keeps searching and searching ...... until an hour later I gave up

In short PS sucks big time