Cart does not clear out items after successful paypal transaction

recoil

Hello everyone, can anyone please help me out, I finally got PayPal to work but now the cart does not clear out after a paypal payment, upon returning to prestashop after a successful paypal payment still shows all the same items in the cart.

Hello Bellini, I am using PS 1.6. Yes an order is being created everything works as it should only problem is when returning to prestashop after payment via paypal, the cart still is showing all the items it does not clear the items purchased. Hope you can help, thank you.

Sounds like it could be a cache issue?  I assume you are returned to the Order Confirmation page?  Some screen shots showing what is occurring would be helpful.  I would also like to understand what happens if you navigate away from the Order Confirmation page, does the cart get updated?

Thank you for the help Bellini13, actually is working now I uninstall it and reinstall it again also I did change from PayPal Payments Standard to PayPal Payments Advanced and now it seem to be working with a new set of issues the background of the paypal window is transparent that does not goes well with my site since it is a dark background.

Anyhow I saw you recommended Braintree and I am interested  however one of the nice things about PayPal is that I can pay and print postage with them so I do not have to re-enter the information when I am getting postage, is this something I can do with Braintree? Once more thank you.

With Braintree there would be 2 payment methods, assuming you are going to use the Payment Module that I developed.

1) If the customer pays using a Credit Card, then no there are no shipping label options.  I do provide a USPS Label Generator module if that is something you are interested in

2) If the customer pays using Paypal, then yes you would just log into Paypal and create a label.

Braintree just acts a gateway to Paypal, you still receive your funds into your Paypal account.

Unfortunately you cannot pay for postage, as USPS does not allow for this.  They only make this available to the bigger parties like Paypal and Stamps.com

So what the module does is display a section in the back office order details page.  You can select to create a label using one of the delivery methods USPS offers (like First Class, Priority etc..).  The module will use the customer and delivery information provided in the Order.  You have the option to send the customer an email with the tracking number, and the module will also store the tracking number in the order database.

As for Postage, you still have to purchase this at a post office, but the label does get you delivery confirmation for free, as well as the discounted electronic rate. 

Hopefully USPS will get their act together and allow for postage paid labels.  Whenever I speak to USPS about this, they tell me they do not offer it, and if I wish to escalate the issue, I should contact Consumer Affairs!  They are completely nuts...

Hello Bellini, thank you for the explanation I appreciate it. I do really like the convenience of doing everything from my PC so I do not have to go to the post office, as you pointed out is very frustrating dealing with them since they do not care and have just one speed "slow", if you are ever able to work out that problem with the USPS and get your module to take payments count me in.