Setting standards in a theme?

midana

When I change themes some settings changes as well according to the new theme. How/where do I set these myself so they are correct to a theme I'm doing myself? (So that when I install/change to that theme the correct settings will follow)

Are you perhaps talking about image settings? Or module positions?

Both of these:

1z3c4ll.jpg98ey69.jpg

How do I access these settings in a theme so that they are set to the right ones for that specific theme? Right now it changes incorrectly.

i think that you're reffering to config.xml file of theme

each theme has got own file where you can find specification of such things

you can define there:

- default modules 

- image types

In that file it just says

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<theme>
<version value="1.4">
<ccc available="true" />
<guest_checkout available="true" />
<one_page_checkout available="true" />
<store_locator available="true" />
</version>
</theme>

Doesn't mention any images or modules, yet it still sets it when choosing that theme.

I second vekia. As far as I know, if you don't want to edit the file manually, you can modify the theme and then export it again, it should save the new configuration

Tried it, and when I installed it and chose it all of my image sizes and modules active/inactive went away....... So now I have to redo them again. It's very annoying that changing the theme changes those settings. And it's also annoying that I can't set the right ones for the specific theme. :'(

Hope you can teach me.

• 4 weeks later...

Even by exporting? It's odd, when you export and create a new theme, a configuration file with currently active modules is generated for it. Did you erase the original one before trying?

Did you mean exporting it through the module btw? Because I used the export button on the theme-page, maybe that's why it didn't work for me in that manner.

• 3 weeks later...