[tip] Recommendations for the best of our ps-family

Dear developers of Prestashop,

I love the platform a lot! And is a piece of cake for the complete novice to undestand the basics, despite the fact that a lot of enemies want to hurt us. In the subject:

There is lack of a lot of great features that already exist in other platforms. There are not similar for prestashop even in paid version.. Let aside the free ones...

1) Magento - Wordpress integration

http://fishpig.co.uk/magento/wordpress-integration/

Benefits we could also enjoy:

Integration of 2 very good platforms in their fields (if not the best)

Display of ps header when browsing through articles.. So a client can check out whenever he likes..

Relation of articles and products.. Think about reading about your favorite team (eg Man City) and on the left column to appear tickets for the derby (City vs United) and the opposite

this is another aspect of cross-selling ;)

2) Prestashop - IPboard  integration

Just AWESOME.. Show ps header the same way as above

BUT no iframe like a module that exists already

the links have to change ;)

3) single sing in-out system for all of them.. it's just a disaster having ONE DOMAIN and forcing your clients/users to create 3 accounts

4) integration with some e-class platform would be also a good idea

5) Being able to send newsletters directly from the backoffice (like in oscommerce)

I appreciate the time you wasted to read my post and wait for it being a reality (i think a lot of people would like to pay a reasonable price for GOOD extensions and not waste time and money to integrate magento and wordpress on the contrary)

Yours sincerely,

Konstantinos Kogkalidis -- CEO of tapanda.gr

ps1. If you like my suggestions pin it in order to discuss it among the community members and find a solution, if any.

ps2. There are many great platforms in their fields (CMS, e-commerce, LMS, CRM, forums etc)
There are many cool guys that are experts in a kind of platform (eg LMS {being a teacher} and want to expand it selling their work or building a community discussing about the lectures etc)

In general build bridges for whatever platform as an experienced user is not even likely to abandon its home (eg Joomla, moodle etc) to use "just a joomla like module" in the context of Prestashop

The point is to get as many people want to use some e-commerce platform for their needs..

This is the only way to defeat Magento and other competitors in no-time

ps3. I REALLY LOVE PRESTA AND DON'T WANT TO MOVE.. BUT IF THERE IS NO DRAMATICE CHANGE.. I WILL MOVE TO THE OTHER GREAT PLATFORM OF THE BATTLE

• Like 1

I disagree. Wordpress is easily hacked. It is the most hacked platform in the internet, and you want this to sit next to your ecommerce installation? It sucks when your blog gets hacked, but what do you do when your ecommerce shop is down. Panic. 

I do think PrestaShop needs a well made blog though, just not a Wordpress one. 

As for other platforms, I wouldn't suggest going to Magento, they are apparently closing down. They have closed several products this year and they have closed their forum as well. The rumor is they are moving to a paid only platform it starts out around 14k usd a year. 

I disagree. Wordpress is easily hacked. It is the most hacked platform in the internet, and you want this to sit next to your ecommerce installation? It sucks when your blog gets hacked, but what do you do when your ecommerce shop is down. Panic. 

Ok then.. I don't know based on security which one of the CMS solutions is the best, but would be awesome to have prestashop combined with a CMS PLATFORM (with addons and support of many users) and not just a module (with poor support based on low usage compared to the "real" CMS).. Yes I agree that security is a serious aspect that should be taken into consideration.

I do think PrestaShop needs a well made blog though, just not a Wordpress one. 

Maybe Joomla or Drupal? Do you have something else in mind that is stronger?

As for other platforms, I wouldn't suggest going to Magento, they are apparently closing down. They have closed several products this year and they have closed their forum as well. The rumor is they are moving to a paid only platform it starts out around 14k usd a year. 

I don't like to act based on rumors.. The fact is that Magento has a lot of useful extensions available, when in the same time our marketplace is not the richest one in choices ;)

Btw when you say that wp is easy enough to be hacked (and I've heard it a lot lately) why on earth the only available modules that give some CMS functionality work with wp and not Joomla for instance?

I like that at least one person responded.. Let the magic expand..!!

Prestashop needs its own blog written around the way that Prestashop is coded. That would provide the best security. Not a connect that connects another platform. 

As for rumors, it is not really rumors, check it out. http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards  The forums have been closed a couple of months now. So community help is non-existent. 

They are closing services aimed at small retailers, http://techcrunch.com/2014/07/03/ebay-owned-e-commerce-platform-magento-shuts-down-services-aimed-at-smaller-retailers/ 

I would hardly call them rumors, it is what is happening. 

• Like 1

Prestashop needs its own blog written around the way that Prestashop is coded. That would provide the best security. Not a connect that connects another platform.

Totally agree, but according to my opinion till the time for the presta blog to be competitive, it will take some time.. Personally I don't care if it's WP, Joomla, Drupal or whatever.. Just to have the functionality that me or other users like. If you like contact with the dev team and make a suggestion to raise money among community (the members that like the extra functionality) to give the financial boost to start the project asap (because I suppose that I am not the only one with this kind of thoughts).

As for rumors, it is not really rumors, check it out. http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards  The forums have been closed a couple of months now. So community help is non-existent. 

They are closing services aimed at small retailers, http://techcrunch.com/2014/07/03/ebay-owned-e-commerce-platform-magento-shuts-down-services-aimed-at-smaller-retailers/

I would hardly call them rumors, it is what is happening. 

Ok. I am convinced that they are not "just" rumors. But please give extra functionality like module of fishpig

Ps.. Would be disaster to connect IPboard with Presta? You already use IPboard in the very same forum and is the leader in Forum fields.. And a PS Forum module compared to IPboard would be a funny joke at least in the beginning.. But let the people know about it and why not make this also happen..

LMS functionality would be also quite good option because this way people will know Prestashop for sure (many academic institutes are not happy with their current systems)

Cases like that (integration with ipboard) need major core changes, and forum engine must be a part of engine. Note that ipboard is not free software. So, how prestashop can share integration with forum like that, if forum script is not free? it will be illegal. 

With the exception of a blog engine, IMO the rest of the features you are talking about cater to very specific needs that have little or no immediate relation to eCommerce.

Therefore, I don't predict any significant developments in the near future. Unless the integration of forum engines and LMS platforms with an eCommerce platform suddenly becomes a trend and many people begin asking for such solutions (doubtful)...

Cases like that (integration with ipboard) need major core changes, and forum engine must be a part of engine. Note that ipboard is not free software. So, how prestashop can share integration with forum like that, if forum script is not free? it will be illegal. 

Why is it illegal? I don't know just explain in a few word because I don't have the knowledge in the subject that you do.

Anyway is there any option to hire a developer to adjust the two systems to combine at least only for me (I have paid a license a month or so ago 175$ and would like to combine it with my shop)

With the exception of a blog engine, IMO the rest of the features you are talking about cater to very specific needs that have little or no immediate relation to eCommerce.

Therefore, I don't predict any significant developments in the near future. Unless the integration of forum engines and LMS platforms with an eCommerce platform suddenly becomes a trend and many people begin asking for such solutions (doubtful)...

Ελληνικά (Greek)

Συμφωνώ φίλε parsifal με τα λεγόμενα σου, αλλά θα ήθελα τουλάχιστον να επικοινωνήσω με προγραμματιστές για ανάπτυξη/τροποποίηση συστημάτων για να γίνουν όλα ένα.. Είμαι διατεθειμένος να πληρώσω ένα λογικό ποσό.. Επειδή αν δεν πληρώσεις, μην περιμένεις να πληρωθείς..

English

Ι agree parsifal with everything you say, but I would like at least to contact with developers for developing/modifying the systems to be combined in one.. I am willing to pay a reasonable price.. Because if you don't pay, never wait to get paid..