paypal payments not showing in BO

jewelcam

im using 1.6.09 and php 5.4, im using custom theme, site location lumbeejewelry.com

paypal orders are placed in live mode but do not show up in the backoffice, but the customer still gets charged.

however other payment options like pay by check work fine and are recorded in back office

this just started to happen after 1.6.08 to 1.6.09 upgrade

and im using the latest USA paypal mod 1.37 (which i uninstalled/deleted and reinstalled)

ive did a test order to reproduce the problem. below is what happens:

i place order

i pay at paypal

im directed back to shop

and items are are still showing in my cart as if i had not paid for them.

however in paypal it shows that i have paid for items.

in the admin BO i check the customer carts and it says this cart has been abandoned. 

Edited by jewelcam (see edit history)

Hello 

i turned on errors in the /* Debug only */ define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);

and i did another test,, no errors showed on the front office or backoffice but it returned me back to the order history. and items were still in my cart.

thanks

Hello 

i turned on errors in the /* Debug only */ define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);

and i did another test,, no errors showed on the front office or backoffice but it returned me back to the order history. and items were still in my cart.

thanks

wow, that is a bummer. 

look in folder override

do you have any overrides in there?  any non-native prestashop modules that 'muck'  around with orders?

other tips, if PayPal US, find and install PayPal EU, this often works when US not.  (and assuming no non-native messing with order)

ok i install the Ero paypal mod and set it up

after i added items to cart and selected the paypal payment option i got the following:

A client has encountered a problem with the module PayPalAPI, see the report: 

PayPal response:
TIMESTAMP -> 2014-08-10T21:51:50Z
L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10002
L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Security error
L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Security header is not valid
L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

ok i install the Ero paypal mod and set it up

after i added items to cart and selected the paypal payment option i got the following:

A client has encountered a problem with the module PayPalAPI, see the report: 

PayPal response:

TIMESTAMP -> 2014-08-10T21:51:50Z

L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10002

L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Security error

L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Security header is not valid

L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

did you put your paypal email address (validated paypal email address) in business account?

yes it seems odd,, it was working fine,, then after the upgrade to 1.6.09 and upgrade of USA paypal mod to 1.37  i noticed the issues.

but in 1.6.08 and prior USA paypal mod it worked fine.

currently im trying to set up a braintree account so i can use the braintree mod to replace the USA paypal mod.

yes it seems odd,, it was working fine,, then after the upgrade to 1.6.09 and upgrade of USA paypal mod to 1.37  i noticed the issues.

but in 1.6.08 and prior USA paypal mod it worked fine.

currently im trying to set up a braintree account so i can use the braintree mod to replace the USA paypal mod.

sorry I have not helped in finding solution.

it may be a good idea to post in job offers, probably someone fix this for 20 euros..something like that...having actual hands on for supports is easier.

your original issue is because the Paypal IPN is not being processed.  No you do not need to do anything to enable it, the module sends the information necessary for Paypal to return the IPN (even if IPN is disabled in your Paypal account).

enabling debug mode will not help with this issue, since the IPN is server to server, and nothing you are going to see in the browser.

For Paypal Europe, make sure you look more closely at the configuration settings, you need to provide your paypal email address as the business account.  Look again.

your original issue is because the Paypal IPN is not being processed.  No you do not need to do anything to enable it, the module sends the information necessary for Paypal to return the IPN (even if IPN is disabled in your Paypal account).

enabling debug mode will not help with this issue, since the IPN is server to server, and nothing you are going to see in the browser.

For Paypal Europe, make sure you look more closely at the configuration settings, you need to provide your paypal email address as the business account.  Look again.

for the paypal Europe i still dont see the paypal email address,  all i see is below (i must be over looking it) thanks

API username : API password : API signature 

attached is IPN history from paypal (if this helps) (from the USA Paypal mod 1.37) and prestashop 1.6.09

Instant Payment Notification (IPN) details

Message ID
9HV14914UU959XXXL
Date/time created
8/10/2014 18:54 EDT
Original/Resent
Original
Latest delivery attempt date/time
8/10/2014 18:54 EDT
Notification URL
HTTP response code
What's this?
Delivery status
Sent
No. of retries
Transaction ID
3PG4427013780XXXC
IPN type
Transaction made

mc_gross=7.69&protection_eligibility=Eligible&address_status=confirmed&item_number1=&payer_id=YDXXX4YUXXX&tax=0.50&address_street=P.O. Box 2856&payment_date=15:53:52 
Aug 10, 2014 PDT&payment_status=Completed&charset=windows-1252&address_zip=28372&mc_shipping=0.00&mc_handling=0.00&first_name=TxXXXX&mc_fee=0.52&address_country_code=US&address_name=
XXXX LockXXxXX&notify_version=3.8&custom=141;1&payer_status=verified&[email protected]&address_country=United States&num_cart_items=1&mc_handling1=0.00&address_city=
Pembroke&verify_sign=ASyS9flVHpw.TVh9qeZ5ZvDRSbV4ASaikQGUXXXakKH4Tz2pw1irXXXXXX&[email protected]&mc_shipping1=0.00&txn_id=3PG4427013XXXXXXC&payment_type=instant&payer_business_name=
XXXXXXX.com&last_name=LockXXxXX&address_state=NC&item_name1=Your order&[email protected]&payment_fee=0.52&quantity1=1&receiver_id=TR7BQFXELNNXG&txn_type=cart&mc_gross_1=7.19&mc_currency=
USD&residence_country=US&transaction_subject=141;1&payment_gross=7.69&ipn_track_id=1c5a793d98XxXxXa1

Ok. I reverted to the version of the PayPalUSA module that was included in the 1.6.08 download package and it is generating orders now. It looks like they were trying to fix the 404 error on returning to the store, but in doing so, they broke the order confirmation. By going back to the older module, you'll get the 404 error when returning from PayPal, but the order is still created and the status is updated properly.

To revert to the older module, you want to replace the contents "paypalusa" folder under Modules with the contents of the same folder from the 1.6.08 release (if you have it). 

for the paypal Europe i still dont see the paypal email address,  all i see is below (i must be over looking it) thanks

API username : API password : API signature 

yes, my bad I reversed the 2 modules.  PaypalUSA has the business account field that requires a valid paypal email address. 

If you are receiving security header, then you have invalid API settings.  Check for spaces at the beginning or end of the values.  Also make sure you are using live mode (not sandbox), unless you have a sandbox account configured properly.

Ok. I reverted to the version of the PayPalUSA module that was included in the 1.6.08 download package and it is generating orders now. It looks like they were trying to fix the 404 error on returning to the store, but in doing so, they broke the order confirmation. By going back to the older module, you'll get the 404 error when returning from PayPal, but the order is still created and the status is updated properly.

To revert to the older module, you want to replace the contents "paypalusa" folder under Modules with the contents of the same folder from the 1.6.08 release (if you have it). 

And what version of the paypalusa module is it?

PaypalUs Version 1.3.4 is what is working for me.

jewlelcam, are can you follow this path?

TxRanger55, can your please attach zipped 1.3.4?  click  more reply options-->attach file-->the insert in post button.

@ P Superstar

Thanks for help . i have decided to ditch the USA PAYPAL mod. 

i reverted to Braintree which is a Payment gateway and merchant account that Paypal bought.

and i am using the Braintree mod by Bellini which has the option to use traditional Paypal options as well as standard visa mastercard amex processing. 

its working fine for me and was simple to setup

thanks.

@ P Superstar

Thanks for help . i have decided to ditch the USA PAYPAL mod. 

i reverted to Braintree which is a Paypal company

and i am using the Braintree mod by Bellini which has the option to use traditional Paypal.

its working fine for me and was simple to setup

thanks.

I don't know what braintree is, sounds nice, and Michael (b13) is a valued community member with expertise (and patience) to help with payment issues.  Moderators are nortisouly absent from paypal threads...holy molly..

will wait to hear back from Tx....

@ EL Patron

Maybe the information posted here will help the Paypal/Prestashop team develop a reliable cross platform USA Paypal mod. 

Thanks again for all your help!!!

gosh you would think so...moderators are just community members and are as much out of the loop as anyone.  When ps split paypal us/eu, well I don't know why.  Be a good new topic I suppose.

something we all as community members could do more of, open forge rather than play 20 questions.  bores everyone involved.

it's not a bug if there is no bug report, open bug report here:

http://forge.prestashop.com

The most mysterious issues (by volume) on the forum concern paypal.  Which in the scope of things, and long time api, I find hard to understand.  I could make loads of money creating paypmen api's (I have much cc background), but well..I don't have Michaels people skills..jajajajajaja

happy ps'ing...c u all in the mix and please visit community and help others...moving topic to paypal section.

• 2 weeks later...

PayPal 1.3.X has never worked for us since upgrading our site to 1.6.  Order is never created and products remain in the cart when trying to pay with your paypal account.  PayPal 3.7.2 works for us although I do try every upgrade on the 1.3.X side because the presentation is nicer.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a similar issue.  Though I found no solution here on PS forums, a drupal user figured out the issue to be that the cart time out timeframe (the time before an order is determined to be 'abandoned') does not allow for the time it can take paypal to actually send the signal back to the cart that the payment was authorized and completed.

According to another individual's IPN logs, the paypal signalled the order nearly 21 hours after the order was actually placed...by then his cms (and PS) will have already clocked the order as abandoned (especially if the buyer has closed their browser).

Not sure if PS core can do something to maybe delay carts being dropped into the abandoned class, or not, but that's what I would look at.

Rumor has it that PayPal Pro doesn't have this issue and I know from experience that most other merchant processors (authorize.net, etc.) do not have this issue.

Just my two cents.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having this issue too.. I have tried the many suggestions but it is still not working. Anyone???

I am in Thailand using Thai Paypal. I thought that with Prestashop for simple payment modules I would NOT have to use a programmer. Very disappointed. 

• 10 months later...