BAHA Headbands

I added a cart rule and had a customer try and check out and this is the message they received. What is this about? How do i fix it? Unexpected payment error

Unfortunately, an error occured while communicating with PayPal.

Short Error Message: Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.

Detailed Error Message: The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts.

Error Code: 10413

Please contact our Customer service and mention this error code to get this issue resolved.

I am unable to reproduce this issue. 

I have created a simple $10 product that is not taxed.

There is no shipping or handling fees.

I created a cart rule that subtracts $2 from the order total when the voucher code is supplied.

When i checkout and select Paypal (v1.3.6) I am directed to the Paypal website, which shows me the order total of $8

I suggest you try to reproduce the issue on your website, and then provide a screen shot showing the cart summary when you check out.

• 2 weeks later...

The issue here was a 100% discount was being applied, and the merchant was using express checkout on the checkout page.  Not a good configuration.

You should only use express checkout on the product page, and use standard checkout on the checkout pages.  The reason is that Paypal does not allow you to send them a product subtotal that would equal zero.

If a customer adds a product to the cart that is $10, and lets say there is $5 shipping, then the subtotal is $10 and the total is $15.  However if you then apply a 100% discount, the subtotal is $0 and the total is $5.  Paypal does not allow for this.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hello! I am receiving the same error code and been following the instructions that @bellini13 has posted but still it does not work.

I deactivated the express payment button and also the shipping charges to avoid the trouble but to no avail.

I use a voucher code that gives 60% discount on some products, and everything seems to woork fine during the checkout proccess but when I choose to pay with paypal I get the same 10413 error.

Do you have any idea of what could be causing this?

My store address is: http://www.zanfeld.com/eshop/en/

Thank you very much in advance.

• Like 1

Hello again.

So, I've been making many tests, disabled rounding, disabled shipping cost.

Whenever the product is gonna be paid in full there is no trouble with paypal, but if there is a discount being applied it shows error 10413.

Anyone, please, any help!?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

same here.

I have read about having express paypal only on product page and standard paypal on checkout. I have changed from ouick-page to standard check out 5 steps.

I have changed vouches amounts etc

This is wha happens

at first with express I get the error code 10413. then I change the settings express only on product page.

I try again .. same problem

Then I change the quick page to standard checkout 5 steps . No problem checks out great. Takes me back to my shop etc. Then I go back NO Orders. product is still in cart :(((

I am using the current prestoshop 1.69

PayPal USA, Canada v1.3.8

PLEASE NOTE!  I am stupid. I took the shop off maintenance and it has worked :blush: . Even vouchers.

Edited by Lmadison (see edit history)