Errors in Adding Products

Prestashop version 1.6.0.8

always get an error when i try to add new products in the back end.

website - http://buzzpublishing.net/shop/admin1558

3 errors 

1. The name field (English (English)) is invalid.
  2. Products must be in at least one category.
  3. This product must be in the default category.

please help me..

why is this error coming, have i uninstalled any required module or what as earlier it was working and i successfully added few products.

Prestashop version 1.6.0.8

always get an error when i try to add new products in the back end.

website - http://buzzpublishing.net/shop/admin1558

3 errors 

1. The name field (English (English)) is invalid.

please help me..

why is this error coming, have i uninstalled any required module or what as earlier it was working and i successfully added few products.

If you are just starting with PrestaShop, I would use our newest version. Everybody should upgrade to 1.6.0.9 that was released today. 

What is the product name you are attempting to add? Have you associated the category?

• 2 months later...

My programmers fixed this issue by setting permissions on the CONFIG directory to 777.

Especially the XML directory.

I set all the FILES in the config dir to 755, but all other files / subdirs to 777.

This sped up saves / load times, and fixed the 3 errors on saving.

Hope that helps someone!  :-))

- D

My programmers fixed this issue by setting permissions on the CONFIG directory to 777.

Especially the XML directory.

I set all the FILES in the config dir to 755, but all other files / subdirs to 777.

This sped up saves / load times, and fixed the 3 errors on saving.

Hope that helps someone!  :-))

- D

That didn't work for me.

Running 1.6.0.9 on Apache.  I have tried every "fix" so far without resolve. I'm lucky if I can upload one item a day.

This problem has been around for years, and apparently with other versions as well. Many have given up trying to get Prestashop to work and moved to other programs.

I hate to give up, but this is ridiculous. The problem reports keep getting marked as "solved", but the problems have not been resolved.

There must be a way to exclude the "language", "category", and other errors. The errors I continually see are the same as others have been reporting for years:

3 errors

1. This name field is required at least in English (English)

It's not only near impossible to upload a product, but the #@$%^ program deletes everything you've typed in while it tells you there's an error.

Is there a resolve; a new script on it's way? Where's 1.6.0.11 ?

Good grief.

</rant>

John

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am also having the same issues.  

3 errors 

1. This link_rewrite field is required at least in English (English)
  3. This product must be in the default category

The link_rewrite is due to the SEO section, and friendly URL.   Once I changed that, and saved, that error went away (Temporarily)  The category issues was in the Associations section.  The product had no category chosen.  Once I choose one, then that error went away.   However, It will not save the changes. <_<   The errors return when I try to make another change to the product, like add an image.   So basically I cannot add any products right now.  Anyone have any ideas??

pb4sc

Through trial and error, i finally got it working.   I was getting those 3 errors each time I tried to add a product.    I also noticed that my prices page would never load.    Trying to figure out why the prices page would not load, I activated the console in Chrome.  (CTRL-Shift-J)   Once I did that, the prices page appeared.  That seemed to fix my issue, and I can now add products.   Kinda weird.