[solved] Site extremely slow (PS 1.6)

Hi,

I made these changes and it seems that is better, please can you check and give me your opinion.

Thanks,

YES! that is much more peppy.

you are running the cats meow of PrestaShop, introduced in 1.6 was load javascript bottom which makes render of above the fold super fast.  notice how your products now go bam, sweet!  This negates one of my new modules which sells well but honestly I'd rather ps do it rather than me slaving on modules. :)

now, be careful moving forward that a module works with javascript loaded bottom, question before buying a module for example that their module/theme works with javascript bottom, if it does not then don't buy it!

note: as you move forward watch for slow downs as most are related to adding something new, especially in the menu area and block layered arena.

happy ps

• Like 1

YES! that is much more peppy.

you are running the cats meow of PrestaShop, introduced in 1.6 was load javascript bottom which makes render of above the fold super fast.  notice how your products now go bam, sweet!  This negates one of my new modules which sells well but honestly I'd rather ps do it rather than me slaving on modules. :)

now, be careful moving forward that a module works with javascript loaded bottom, question before buying a module for example that their module/theme works with javascript bottom, if it does not then don't buy it!

note: as you move forward watch for slow downs as most are related to adding something new, especially in the menu area and block layered arena.

happy ps

Hi,

Thanks for your help and advices.

One more question, will need to make some adjustments on the server ? ... for exemple enabling compression on server

I will only have 100-150 products,

Regards,

get  a tool like 'firebug', there may be others, then you can run yslow and google speed tests that give good hints.

just be aware of sudden slow downs as it's generally related to something done in the back office.

hi,

I run YSlow and got these results :

Grade
A
Overall performance score 94 Ruleset applied: YSlow(V2) URL: http://122836.webserver.pt/index.php

What you think ? :)

hi,

I run YSlow and got these results :

Grade
A
Overall performance score 94 Ruleset applied: YSlow(V2) URL: http://122836.webserver.pt/index.php

What you think ? :)

there isn't better grade than 'A'.

just keep an eye on this especially if you make changes.  loading a module can affect performance if not well written.

back up every day...again back up everyday...

:)

• Like 1