Problems with Quick Order page

generalexperts

I am using Prestashop 1.5.4 and I have a product that has free shipping during checkout. When going to the checkout page and the quantity changes. It goes from "Free Shipping!" (that I wrote) to "Login to see the shipping cost." If the page is refreshed then it goes back to "Free shipping!" Is there a way to have this auto refresh when quantity changes in the checkout page? my site is http://tinyurl.com/n5pfy52

Thank you!

Edited by generalexperts (see edit history)

Well I thought maybe I had customized it in the Back end in translations... but now to think of it, maybe that's exactly how it was typed already... Anyway, that is really besides the point. and sorry if that is how it already came. I just made a lot of changes and lose track. I've been working on this site for over a year and things are still so dysfunctional!

Thanks!

All the products have free shipping with USPS and 1 brand has free shipping with UPS. The one with UPS requires a voucher code. I'm referring to the quick-order page. Add a product to the cart. then top right go to checkout. then you will see the page. And it's there where changing the quantities changes the text from "free shipping!"

So all products have free shipping?  Just yes or no...

If the answer is yes, then just edit the cart summary theme template and hard code the text "free shipping".

If the answer is no, then it is a much more involved change and I'm not sure it would be covered in the scope of a forum discussion.

So I'm assuming that your answer is leaning towards no then?

I'm not really sure what you are expecting to occur at this point.  In order to calculate carrier costs, Prestashop needs to know the customers local.  So are you saying you want it to say free shipping when the local is not known, and then show the cost when the local is known?

When going to the checkout page and the quantity changes. It goes from "Free Shipping!" to "Login to see the shipping cost." If the page is refreshed then it goes back to "Free shipping!" Is there a way to have this auto refresh when quantity changes in the checkout page?

That is not what happens for me.

1) I add product to cart

2) I click checkout

3) It says "Login / Register for correct price"

4) I change the quantity, it then changes to say "Login to see the shipping cost"

5) I change quantity again, it remains "Login to see the shipping cost"

6) If I click checkout again, it changes to "Login / Register for correct price"

It never says "Free shipping"

Okay that is now a new problem I didn't notice. AND THANK YOU! The problem (for this forum) still exists when logged in. It mainly occurs when selecting between carriers. I have it defaulted to ship UPS Ground. but they have to enter a voucher code. Some people request USPS and that is always free. But when they click on that it says they must login. Now to think of it. If this error only occurs when I login, why is it now asking to login to see the price of shipping, when the user is already logged in. Thanks for helping, you've helped me discover a whole new can of worms that I wasn't aware of!!

Edited by generalexperts (see edit history)