Strange/Scary analytics data - NEED ADVICE

turdi

Hello,

I have a very bad statistic in my Analytics data and would like to hear your thought's on this. Is this data accurate, what acctions should I take etc.

The thing is that in my Google Analytics data the TOP exit page is 

/order/step0.html

I tried to investigate the subject and in a lot of thread's I found that this is may be caused by the OneStep checkout module on Prestashop and a lot of people are adding rules in analytics to not see it. 

But my question is: Is this data accurate? Because I have quite a bit of traffic, almost 700 visitors last 10days and NO SALES AT ALL (NONE). 269 of these visits have exited from the mentioned page.

To tell you the truth I'm a bit lost and have no clue how to read this data and what actions to take. 

Please help me,

Thank you

Hi,

Can you check out the source of this traffic? Might help.

Boni

3 top sources:

1. Direct

2. Google organic

3. Social networks like Facebook, Pinterest etc.

How it can help me, sorry, I don't understand. 

Thanks,

I just tested shopping, through checkout using country US language english

during address reg, it did not ask for state.

the initial shipping was quoted at 23, but when I reach step 4 it quoted 45 shipping

also the shippnig was in Spanish, this should be xlated to English

07.11.2014-06.52.png
http://screencast.com/t/OadZc653b5i

you may also want to consider one page checkout, 5 steps is a bit much, lots of clicking...

what countries are a majority of your visitors coming from?

I just tested shopping, through checkout using country US language english

during address reg, it did not ask for state.

the initial shipping was quoted at 23, but when I reach step 4 it quoted 45 shipping

also the shippnig was in Spanish, this should be xlated to English

07.11.2014-06.52.png

http://screencast.com/t/OadZc653b5i

you may also want to consider one page checkout, 5 steps is a bit much, lots of clicking...

what countries are a majority of your visitors coming from?

Fixed the translation issue. Still don't understand why it became 45... 

Anyway, activated one step checkout, it's better I think.

Majority of the traffic comes from US and All of Europe. E.U. countries have very similar visit count. More or less 200 per country (Spain, France, Germany, UK) and U.S is double that.

How many transactions do you average a day before this? 

Also, I would test an order and see if you can place an order. 

The sales are not going well, sometimes we sell 10 items per month... Witch is frustrating with that kind of traffic and social interactions. 

Something doesn't work or brakes the process... We have accumulated more than 30k facebook likes (without any Payed methods).

I can't understand what is happening...

Thanks guys for all the help,

Ok, I will review all my shipping configuration and try to set it up so the states would appear.

To tell you the truth, I'm a bit confused here, I'm now in the Zones configuration and can't seem to find any field related to the states.

Could you please point out, where I should look for it?

Many thanks,

Ok, I will review all my shipping configuration and try to set it up so the states would appear.

To tell you the truth, I'm a bit confused here, I'm now in the Zones configuration and can't seem to find any field related to the states.

Could you please point out, where I should look for it?

Many thanks,

back office-->localization-->countries-->edit country

set to yes contains states.

:)

Turdi,

I would like to see what keywords are bringing in your organic traffic. Looking at your website, a couple of possibilities come to mind.

1. The traffic you are getting is not qualified traffic. For example, people coming to your site are looking to by a skate board, but you don't sell skateboards. You sell skateboard furniture.

2. Your home page is slow to load.

3. Your home page has no product information, no call to action and no pricing.

4. Your home page looks more like a Pinterest page - a page of interesting photo's and not like a page of products for people to buy.

5. Your product pages are also very slow to load and there is almost no product description.

All of these factors are major trust factors for visitors to your site.

Please take a look at this site as an example of a Prestashop store that has good product information, is immediately understood by visitors and, is quick to load (They have disabled purchasing but the principles are all there for a good retail website).

www.gamesfromeverywhere.com.au

back office-->localization-->countries-->edit country

set to yes contains states.

:)

Thanks,

I activated the states, but now when I'm trying to change my adress (to test) to one for the united states, the State field/dropdown doesn't appear and I can't add the adress. 

What is causing this?

Thanks,

Thanks,

I activated the states, but now when I'm trying to change my adress (to test) to one for the united states, the State field/dropdown doesn't appear and I can't add the adress. 

What is causing this?

Thanks,

I don't know but it's not displaying states.  What is your ps version?

I don't know but it's not displaying states.  What is your ps version?

I see in the code, that the id_states has display:none assigned.

I think states are hidden because the drop down is empty... uch? Why?

I see that the states in Backoffice is empty, do I have to add all the states manually?

PS Version: 1.5.5

Edited by turdi (see edit history)

No, it's empty... I don't know why (p.s. I did not create this store) :)

back office-->localization-->localization

here you import localization pack, but only select states, not languages or your could lose any US English translation changes you have made.

did not create this store?  drop and give us 20

www.skate-home.com

Thank you very much for the help.

Waiting for your comments.

great suggestions provided by El patron.

@turdi: sorry for the delay in response.

Here are my suggestions from the CRO perspective:

1) Change the color of your CTA button

To increase the # of clicks on your add-to-cart button, it should be look prominent and effective. Your CTA button has same color as your background color which kinda makes it little passive.

Check out the point #2 of this infographic - http://www.tatvic.com/blog/infographic-call-to-action-guidelines-and-practices-to-ensure-more-clicks/#top

2) Reduce the #fields on the checkout pages

Currently, when I checkout, you show me a single page wherein I'm exposed to all the information I'll have to provide to you before i complete my purchase.

I am not saying remove that but instead divide them into various pages. Ie. on one page you ask their personal details and next page you ask them the delivery method and payment mode and so on.

This is will considerably reduce your drop-off rate.

Hope this helps :) Let me know if I can help you with anything else?

Cheers!

Boni Satani

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the replies.

Will review all of them soon! 

One most important thing now is, how can I display shipping price only when the country is selected?

At the moment I have a huge problem, if I come to English site (I'm coming from Spain) and add to cart, when I go to checkout I see U.S shipping price!! I think this is very very bad. I need to display the real price when the country is selected if new visitor. When Loged In it's ok.

I think this is HUGE. I won't go through the process of registration, when I see the Shipping 120€ ! If I'm from France, or any other country of Europe. It's ridiculous. 

Thanks,

Edited by turdi (see edit history)

Help anyone with shipping configuration? How can I hide the shipping cost's untill the user chooses his country (if not registered) ?

Thanks guys,

Hi Turdi,

for shipping question (mods are horrible at shipping as we tend to sell virtual)...

make a new fresh post so community members with good shipping advice will see it.

please post that url back here (quote your shipping question here) so we can visit that post.

suerte!