square up with prestashop

• 11 months later...

That API that offer is for importing orders taken from a square reader to your shop, not for actually processing orders. Square has pretty strict card not present rules and generally only allows 5-10 a month. So they cannot really work for an ecommerce site at this point. 

From the page:

Square doesn't provide a shared API or payment gateway for processing payments, but do offer a few options. With our partners – Weebly and Bigcommerce – you're able to seamlessly integrate online payments with your Square Register account and process orders directly from your partner-hosted E-Commerce website. 

@ChiaraA1

Sadly I was unable to get square integrated with my online shop. As stated by others in the above posts, Square only offers integration with Weebly and Bigcommerce. It's a bummer as I really LOVE square. I use it for my local coffee shop, it would have been nice to have my entire business on one payment system.

For my web site, I ended up using Bellini's braintree module. Thus far, it's working great for my needs. Braintree, despite being owned by paypal, provides *excellent* and friendly customer support. I'm really impressed. They are quick to reply too. 

And Bellini (the prestashop module developer) was great and helpful (and quick!) to help me set up his braintree module on my site. He gets 5 stars from me. Module developers who are friendly and care about their customers are a gem! 

Anyways, that's what I ended up doing since I couldn't use square. :) Hope this helps.

• Like 1

@bellini This is what the original question was. 

Hi,

Is there any way to use square up for payments with my prestashop shopping cart?

Their credit card processing rates are really good.

Thanks.

He is wanting to process cards with square and PrestaShop, It is not possible to use Square for ecommerce. Their Weebly and Bigcommerce integrations just import orders that you have taken in person from to you shop, they don't let you charge using square in your shop. It is basically a import from the square POS.

I was just providing additional information in response to your statement

They don't process online payments.

They do process online payments, they just do not publicly expose their payment gateway, and have not partnered with Prestashop. 

Now the OP knows there are other options available to them.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...