Shipping of virtual products, Need Help! [SOLVED]

Hello,im a very beginner on prestashop,

I have a shop in prestashop 1.6,and i want to sell virtual products and physics one´s. The thing is that i choose  to offer free shippment depending on the total price. the problem start when someone purchase a virtual product and a physic one in the same cart.With that i mean that it takes in count the price of virtual product to calculate the shippment of the physics one :(

I dont have so much skill in programming but i thing i can solve it touching the carrier.php in classes and modify this function to have in count the table  ps_product is_virtual=1 and dont take that price i suppose.

public function getDeliveryPriceByPrice($order_total, $id_zone, $id_currency = null)
	{
		$cache_key = $this->id.'_'.$order_total.'_'.$id_zone.'_'.$id_currency;
		if (!isset(self::$price_by_price[$cache_key]))
		{
			if (!empty($id_currency))
				$order_total = Tools::convertPrice($order_total, $id_currency, false);

$sql = 'SELECT d.`price`
					FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'delivery` d
					LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'range_price` r ON d.`id_range_price` = r.`id_range_price`
					WHERE d.`id_zone` = '.(int)$id_zone.'
						AND '.(float)$order_total.' >= r.`delimiter1`
						AND '.(float)$order_total.' < r.`delimiter2`
						AND d.`id_carrier` = '.(int)$this->id.'
						'.Carrier::sqlDeliveryRangeShop('range_price').'
					ORDER BY r.`delimiter1` ASC';
			$result = Db::getInstance(_PS_USE_SQL_SLAVE_)->getRow($sql);
			if (!isset($result['price']))
				self::$price_by_price[$cache_key] = $this->getMaxDeliveryPriceByPrice($id_zone);
			else
				self::$price_by_price[$cache_key] = $result['price'];
		}
		return self::$price_by_price[$cache_key];
	}

I used to know some basic programming in C++ but here im lost. Someone can give me a hand? 

Thanks for all and sorry for my bad english.

Edited by Leid (see edit history)

You might consider this approach instead.

The configuration setting for "free shipping" is called PS_SHIPPING_FREE_PRICE.  Let's say you configure this for $50, then Prestashop will compare the order total to the free shipping price, and if it exceeds then shipping will be zero.

So I search Prestashop code looking for PS_SHIPPING_FREE_PRICE, and I get three hits

1) AdminShippingController: This is the back office where you configure the value, so we can ignore this hit

2) Cart: This is a core class and it has a function called "getPackageShippingCost".  This is where the comparison is made, and zero is returned if the price exceeds the configured value. ($shipping_cost is initialized as zero)

$orderTotalwithDiscounts = $this->getOrderTotal(true, Cart::BOTH_WITHOUT_SHIPPING, null, null, false);
if ($orderTotalwithDiscounts >= (float)($free_fees_price) && (float)($free_fees_price) > 0)
{
    Cache::store($cache_id, $shipping_cost);
    return $shipping_cost;
}

So I would suggest changing this function so you would only consider physical products and then perform the comparison.  I believe you could use the following to get the cost of physical products

$physical_cost = $this->getOrderTotal(true, Cart::ONLY_PHYSICAL_PRODUCTS_WITHOUT_SHIPPING, null, null, false);

3) blockcart: This is the block cart module and is usually responsible for showing the cart information.  This also performs a comparison which is likely controlling the display of shipping price in the cart.  So you would have to make a similar change here.

$total_free_shipping = 0;
if ($free_shipping = Tools::convertPrice(floatval(Configuration::get('PS_SHIPPING_FREE_PRICE')), $currency))
{
    $total_free_shipping =  floatval($free_shipping - ($params['cart']->getOrderTotal(true, Cart::ONLY_PRODUCTS) + $params['cart']->getOrderTotal(true, Cart::ONLY_DISCOUNTS)));
    $discounts = $params['cart']->getCartRules(CartRule::FILTER_ACTION_SHIPPING);
    if ($total_free_shipping < 0)
    if (is_array($discounts) && count($discounts))
}

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the reply bellini13, but i see that code and that sure will work if i use only free shipping at some point of  total price,but i have configured 2 shippement option of the same transport(sorry for no mention it before :( ) to fullfill the range of prices(from 0€ to 50€  1 of them and the other from 50€ to 99999999) and the diferrent shipping cost added to the different zones.(Example: for spain -> 6€ but for isles --> 12 )

It there a way to implement that? i think that it´s i bit more difficult... Sorry to bother you, and thank you for the effort

Hello again i did this change on cart

$orderTotalwithDiscounts = $this->getOrderTotal(true, Cart::BOTH_WITHOUT_SHIPPING, null, null, false);
if ($orderTotalwithDiscounts >= (float)($free_fees_price) && (float)($free_fees_price) > 0)
{
    Cache::store($cache_id, $shipping_cost);
    return $shipping_cost;
}

i changed only Cart::BOTH_WITHOUT_SHIPPING to ONLY_PHYSICAL_PRODUCTS_WITHOUT_SHIPPING and it works :D

Aparently its now correct on all,i dunno if it does more comparison later but with this change it only take physical product.

Thank You so much for the help !