Theme installation {Prestrashop version : 1.6.0.8}

Hi,, I want to install a theme into my local host. but i can´t. what i did ? well-  1st. i make a copy my default theme and rename to mytheme . make it zip , and then from admin panel .-> preference-> theme->import theme-> and then add my new zip file.. and next save-

But this return me _ : Bad configuration file , error.

Then i did a same thing for a Free theme. which i downloaded from google..

but i have same error

** Please , anyone have insigts?

Thanks

you would need to "export" your theme so that a proper theme package is created.

otherwise if you just want to copy the default theme on your localhost, go to your themes directory, select the existing default theme and perform a copy/paste, then rename the new theme directory to something else.

you would need to "export" your theme so that a proper theme package is created.

Second that ...in 1.6 it exports all the positions and modules that are activated etc ... and has a different structure for importation than before ... the first config.xml file in the exported zip contains many settings and info ... this is the nugget and the new folder structure as you see if not followed cause the "bad configuration file error" ... hope this makes sense..

default-bootstrap.zip file:

config.xml

themes (folder)

-- default-bootstrap (folder)

-- -- (all the ususal files and small a simple config.xml file under this theme folder)

Edited by bigegoUK (see edit history)

• 4 months later...

Second that ...in 1.6 it exports all the positions and modules that are activated etc ... and has a different structure for importation than before ... the first config.xml file in the exported zip contains many settings and info ... this is the nugget and the new folder structure as you see if not followed cause the "bad configuration file error" ... hope this makes sense..

default-bootstrap.zip file:

config.xml

themes (folder)

-- default-bootstrap (folder)

-- -- (all the ususal files and small a simple config.xml file under this theme folder)

Hi,

I have done the proper export of my theme so that I have the .zip file with the config.xml file. When I try to import this theme I still get the bad configuration error ... How can I solve this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Check you zip file once again. Proper folder structure is as decribed by jordanw199316. If you have modules atached, folder /modules should be inside zip, next to /themes folder.

I had the same problem, and it was caused by badly packed zip from Leo Themes. Inside big zip was two smaller zips, one with theme, one with something else; inside theme zip was uncorrect extra folder containing right files. I packed xml, and /themes, /modules by myself.

Good luck.