Why after every release a lot of working things are broken

Hi,

I swich to prestashop from opencart after requirement that opencart doesnt support. For 2 year in every release I had to fix alot of things. In this time I invest more then 2000 USD for modules, themes and so on.

Now after update 1.6.0.7 my theme become broken and websites trows HTTP 500 error.  Also no one was able to order due to 'No carrier' error. which doesn't give any output in DEV_MOD enabled. After updating to 1.6.0.8 still cant use theme. I have to stick with bootstrap. Atleast now people are able to order.

İn this situation PLEASE DONT RELEASE NEW UPDATE BEFAR TESTİNG THEM!!!!

I agree that things need to be properly tested before being released as a production ready software...however you are foolish to upgrade your "working" store that you have invested time and money, without properly testing the new prestashop version.  Lesson learned... do not rely on Prestashop (or anyone else for that matter) to release 100% defect free software... it is just not a reality

Do you have a duplicate test copy of your production website?

Do you install new modules and test new configurations on the test website before applying them to your production website?

Do you take FULL backups of your production and test stores prior to making any changes, so that you can easily revert back when things break...