Hi Everyone. Hope someone can help with this issue.

My website sells over 3000 sex toys and lingerie and I want to dislpay my products randomly on all pages. I've seen modules available to buy but they all seem to offer randomising the display of products but only on the home page of featured products. I need this on all categories and subcategories.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get all my products throughout my website to be displayed in random order?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi Thanks for your advice. Don't think i phrased my question right. I dont want my products displayed in random categories all over my website. I still want my products displayed withing their pre assigned categories and subcategories only. But is there a way to randomise the order they appear in, within those subcategories? I have a lot of products and the first page within a subcategory only displays 1 type of product as it displays them in the order they were added.

Would randomising the order products are displayed within a subcategory really be bad for seo?

Kind Regards

• 2 weeks later...

@Vekia, I did think about it and agree that it will be bad to have random display of all products on homepage. However, I have several multishops in the same group as the default shop, and would like to have the products added onto these multishop also show up on the default shop - perhaps in the "New Arrivals". How can I make that happen?

Thanks for your advice.

• 6 months later...

You need to amend homefeatured.php

This

HomeFeatured::$cache_products = $category->getProducts((int)Context::getContext()->language->id, 1, ($nb ? $nb : 8), 'position');

To

HomeFeatured::$cache_products = $category->getProducts((int)Context::getContext()->language->id, 1, ($nb ? $nb : 8), 'position', null, false, true, true);

However, since they are cached, it might not work and you might as well need to get rid of its caching system (which is a bit tricky)

• Like 1