Back Office not creating orders

My site is new and I'm testing functionality of placing orders before we launch and go live to "real" customers...

We have placed several test orders to ensure payment is working properly and orders on the backend would function as they should (send us a notification, adjust inventory, etc.)

The orders seem functional on the user side, and payment goes through correctly.. However, the back office does not create an order from the completed transaction - had the order not come from me, I wouldn't have even known about it.. I finally found it listed under "abandoned carts", but my inventory levels did not change and the transaction doesn't show up in my sales figures.. Had these been real orders, this would create big issues for me! Please help!

www.myquickjuice.com/shop

I'm using PayPal USA mod with PayPal Payments Standard enabled... What am I missing?

post-793684-0-42079600-1401979465_thumb.jpg

post-793684-0-94468700-1401979473_thumb.jpg

thank you for your reply!

from shopping cart, I click Pay with PayPal --> redirect to PayPal.com to complete payment --> payment confirmation --> redirect back to my site..

all is working properly, my paypal account gets credited the appropriate amount and PayPal emails me when I've been paid (as it should).. the problem is that my back office does not let me know there has been an order; it stays in the abandoned cart section unless I manually create an order from the abandoned cart itself... which I could manage at this point with very little orders, but manual entry may get confusing and time consuming in the future with multiple orders per day...

Not sure if the problem is somewhere in my back office settings, or with PayPal.. But since everything on the PayPal end seems to be working correctly, I'm guessing it's my back office. I just don't know where to look or what might cause such a problem.

**Update: paypal redirects back to my site after payment confirmation, but to a 404 error page.. 

also, when I create an order manually from the abandoned cart, none of the PayPal info shows up (method, transaction id, amount charged, date, etc.. I've been entering each PayPal transaction id in the notes for each order, but I'm guessing the system is supposed to track this since there are fields for that information (that are currently blank)... could this be a problem with the PayPal module not communicating correctly with my site?

Edited by myquickjuice (see edit history)

There are several files in Paypal USA v1.3.4 that reference order-confirmation.php, which is a file that no longer exists in PS v1.6. 

The module attempts to support PS v1.4, 1.5 and 1.6, which all function very differently, and so the module does not account for this properly so changes are required.

paypalusa.php: edit this file and locate line 381.  Change this line so 'order-confirmation.php' becomes 'order-confirmation'

Change From:

$this->context->link->getPageLink('order-confirmation.php', null, null, array('id_cart' => (int)$this->context->cart->id, 'key' => $this->context->customer->secure_key, 'id_module' => $this->id)),

Change To:

$this->context->link->getPageLink('order-confirmation', null, null, array('id_cart' => (int)$this->context->cart->id, 'key' => $this->context->customer->secure_key, 'id_module' => $this->id)),
  • Like 1

Thank you for the explanation, that makes sense as to why there are issues.. I'm using the current version of PayPal USA, (v.1.3.4) with PrestaShop 1.6.0.6. I've made the change you outlined above, but I am still redirected to the same 404 error page after payment completion. Are there any other changes that need to be made in order for this module to work properly?

update: I was getting the same 404 URL, until I found that there is a second instance within paypalusa.php that references "order-confirmation.php" on line 380.. both must be changed (by removing the '.php') in order for the error page not to be evoked upon redirect from payal...

However, even with this portion working, there is still no order created from the cart that was just paid for. I'm redirected to my order history, but the order does not show up there (nor in my back office) and the product that I just paid for is still in my cart... No "order successful" page or anything like that. Is there a hook somewhere that is mal-functioning?

update: I just enabled cash on delivery and placed another order choosing that option... the order was created in my back office with no problems... meaning, this is definitely an issue within the Payal module somewhere.  It seems that my system is communicating with Paypal (item name and quantities from my order show up on the transaction when I view it from Paypal), but the Paypal module is not communicating with my system during the checkout/payment process in terms of transaction ID, amount, date, etc... Maybe this is why it's not creating the order on my back end?

more info on this thread: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/336601-back-office-not-creating-orders-after-successful-payment/

Edited by myquickjuice (see edit history)
  • Like 1