[Solved] 1.6.0.6 back office slow

Edit: Issue is solved without the use of BoZoom! =D

Hi all.

Have just installed 1.6.0.6 and it's fresh out of the box, no themes or modules added yet and I'm finding the back office is a lot slower than my older installation of prestashop (1.5.4.0 with non-standard theme and modules added) which is running on the very same server/database server.

I've attached images below of the Chrome developer console outlining where the majority of the "page load" is done.
This is on my old installation of Prestashop, where everything runs nice and speedy.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e142/dirh1n0/prestashopfast.png
This is the new one, where everything is pretty, but very slow.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e142/dirh1n0/prestashopslow.png

They're both loading the same page in the back office, so that would have very little/no impact on the difference. Just about every page I visit in the back office on 1.6.0.6 takes a minimum of 8 seconds to load, and at least 90% of that time is the "Request" according to my page load time Chrome plugin.

Any advice for someone aiming to use the awesome new features of the new back office without the wait times? I'm hoping it's some setting or something I've missed. But I can't imagine any sort of setting that would warrant such large load times where nothing is actually happening.

I've enabled allowed Prestashop to create its own .htaccess rules, have checked cache options and they are similar (if not the same) to my other installation.

Before anyone thinks of linking me to this: %5BModule%5D BoZoom PrestaShop Back Office Performance for 1.5 | 1.6
My boss is less than interested in paying for a module that may or may not bring us the solution we need, as it's a problem that shouldn't even exist.
And as can be seen from the developer console thing, the largest portion of loading time does not come from javascript files.

Any more details required, let me know.

Edited by rh1n0 (see edit history)

I suggest rather than looking from the outside in, look from the inside.

You can obtain excellent information by enabling native PrestaShop debug profiling.

config/defines.inc.php

set to 'true'

define('_PS_DEBUG_PROFILING_', true);

visit your problem page, scroll down...

this allows you to 'pin point' what internal problem is.

Note: enabling this enables for 'all' visits, front or back...so get info and set to false.

and I agree one must fix native issue before using a product like BoZoom else how you going to get 500 millisecond page render. :)

• Like 1

My shop is in maintenance mode as it isn't launched, so I am fine with keeping that setting on. I did however have to change it on line 43 of /config/defines.inc.php instead of where you specified which had no effect.

At the top of the AdminPreferences page I was getting text like this:

Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/[removed].com.au/config/xml/default_country_modules_list.xml) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/[removed].com.au/classes/controller/AdminController.php on line 1832
Warning: file_get_contents(/var/www/[removed].com.au/config/xml/default_country_modules_list.xml) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/[removed].com.au/classes/controller/AdminController.php on line 1839
Warning: file_get_contents(/var/www/[removed].com.au/config/xml/must_have_modules_list.xml) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/[removed].com.au/classes/controller/AdminController.php on line 1840
Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/[removed].com.au/config/xml/tab_modules_list.xml) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/[removed].com.au/classes/controller/AdminController.php on line 3383
Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/[removed].com.au/config/xml/default_country_modules_list.xml) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/[removed].com.au/classes/controller/AdminController.php on line 1832
Warning: file_get_contents(/var/www/[removed].com.au/config/xml/default_country_modules_list.xml) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/[removed].com.au/classes/controller/AdminController.php on line 1839
Warning: file_get_contents(/var/www/[removed].com.au/config/xml/must_have_modules_list.xml) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/[removed].com.au/classes/controller/AdminController.php on line 1840

I gave the /config/xml/ folder and contents CHMOD 0777 recursively, and that seems to have fixed my speed issues instantly.

Now at the bottom of the page, in front end or back end, I get this:

Load time148ms
Good boy! That's what I call a webserver!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, El Patron.

Thought I'd come back and post how I fixed things so if any other people have my issue they can solve it - something nobody seems to do these days. The internet is full of questions but hardly any answers to go with them!

As you can see, I have no need for any BoZoom module now.  ;)
  • Like 3

My shop is in maintenance mode as it isn't launched, so I am fine with keeping that setting on. I did however have to change it on line 43 of /config/defines.inc.php instead of where you specified which had no effect.

At the top of the AdminPreferences page I was getting text like this:

Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/[removed].com.au/config/xml/tab_modules_list.xml) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/[removed].com.au/classes/controller/AdminController.php on line 3383

I gave the /config/xml/ folder and contents CHMOD 0777 recursively, and that seems to have fixed my speed issues instantly.

Now at the bottom of the page, in front end or back end, I get this:

Load time148ms

Good boy! That's what I call a webserver!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, El Patron.

Thought I'd come back and post how I fixed things so if any other people have my issue they can solve it - something nobody seems to do these days. The internet is full of questions but hardly any answers to go with them!

As you can see, I have no need for any BoZoom module now.  ;)

Works better for me as well now, i had the exact same problem, although there are still parts of the back office running very slow. It has definitely improved the performance though. Is there are security risk of setting this particular directory to 777?

Edited by RCP90 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I am using 1.6.0.9 bootstrap default, and my back end pages load pretty good except for menu>modules>modules. So I ran debug and this is what I see. I'll be honest with you, I don't have any idea what this means except that I know it looks bad! Can someone point me in the right direction as to what I should fix?

Thanks, and sorry- I did not know how to insert these images in a thumbnail here.

thanks again,

Mark

bkend-debug-0.png

And here is image 2;

bkend-debug-2.png