Sitespeed Server or connection?

I have a shop running on a hosting provider. I have an option to run my shop on my own server by there i have a 'slow' upload connection.

Can anyone give me a prediction what give me the fastest sitespeed for my shop.

Option 1:

My good old hosting provider (www.mijdomein.nl). 

Shared host with:

Probably a very fast internet connection

Servergegevens: Linux #1 SMP Debian 3.2.51-1 x86_64

Server softwareversie: Apache/2.2.16 (Debian)

PHP versie: 5.3.28-1~dotdeb.0

Geheugenlimiet: 128M

Maximale uitvoeringstijd: 30

Database informatie

MySQL versie: 5.1.73-1

MySQL engine: InnoDB

Tabel prefix: ps_

Option 2:

A dedicated server.

Quadcore Xenon with 8Gb memory 10K RIAD1 harddrives

Free to choose webserver and DB software

10 or 20 Mbit upload connection!!

Whats your predicion?

Is option 2 out of your home? If it is I would go with option 1. If it is in a real data center I would consider option 2 with using a cdn for the site. Then it should be pretty fast. 

• Like 1

I would be afraid to do #2 myself. All kinds of bad things can happen. You can get in an argument with the people, the machine can be stolen, power can go out.. Plus, if something happens and your machine becomes unreachable in the middle of the night, who will reboot it? I have had this happen many times, and it is good that I have my machines in a datacenter, because nothing is more frustrating than when you are in a kernel panic and cannot get to the machine. 

I want to rum my shop at low cost because my lack on budget for my own VPS  :wacko: .

All the Dutch hosting providers do not give the speed or and memory that i want for a reasonable price.

After some investigation i ruled out to setup my own webserver, because my limited knowledge of webservers and security, so it would be a big (security) risk to setup my own server. Thats even besides the slow upload connection.

@ Benjamin. I was always afraid to use a cheep international hosting provider. Hosting that is recommended by the prestashop team give's me a little more confidence. I have asked some questions at A2 hosting. If the site is speaking the truth it's all i need for a descend price.

Thanks for your suggestion.

You might try this company, http://www.cloudways.com/en/  They have a 30 day free trail and they use Digital Ocean which has a data center in Amsterdam. They also have an automatic Prestashop installer, so you can install Prestashop and see what kind of speeds you are getting. I tested them out for an article I am writing and with 1.6 I am getting under 1 second load times.