why Ranking still dorpping

Since one & half year my company site ranked in google.com.au with high compititors, but since two weeks our website ranking still dropping day by day, site was on 3 to 4th position consistely, but now its on 16th position, we are really too worried about, also we changed meta data & content of website which also indexed by Google but still site rank has been dropping day by day, we are also doing full off page optimization since years but this time we really too worried about our business.

So please share you better thought which i need to apply.

Thanks

Shani Lofal

• 3 weeks later...

Have you updated the URL of your top products?

I updated some of my products names, to get a even more clearly google seach name, but i forgot that it also changed the product url, and then i got many links who didn't point to my products :/

• 3 weeks later...

There's really no way to tell without doing an analysis of your site and your competiton. Could be the panda, could be a thousand other things.

You need to go to DEFCON 1 and start from the top.

Check for technical issues - did you change the URL-structure, the htaccess file, did your site get hacked, and so on?

Check what's been going on with your incoming links over the last couple of months - are you getting crap links and if so, can you stop the flow of bad backlinks, can you remove the existing bad links and what can you do to get better links?

Check the content on your site - is it up to snuff or did the panda get you?

Check the competition - what are they doing and how can you improve on their formula?

The only thing you MUST NOT DO is to listen to people who, without even knowing what site they're talking about, just go "you know, it's for sure the panda, just build some quality backlinks and make some cool content, then you'll be fine". You need to find out what the problem is and then fix it. Even if it turns out it actually is the panda giving you trouble you're way better off, handling it methodically than by listening to basically random guesses from people :)

• Like 1

Hi,

I would say that:

Given that your English language skills appear to come fro South East Asia, and

That the owner of the site is an Australian, and not Shani Lofal, and,

That you have used a keyword rather than a remotely real name in your Bio, and,

That you have not responded to anyone in the thread and,

That you have not even given us a URL, though you have one in your Bio...

That your question is really just an excuse to drop a link in a bio and gain a backlink that will not help you one little bit.

Just a possibility, don't you think?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Or ... competition is positioned better than you. Try to change/upgrade content on your homepage and/or add more Trust Rank links. Sometimes small change, new article on homepage can increase your position.

There are many reasons why a site will drop in the rankings, so I've compiled a list of the most common reasons here.

01. If Google detects malware on your pages, it will warn users who click on your pages in the search results before sending them to your site. This is not really a drop in ranking

02. The search engines are getting very aggressive about violations of their guidelines and are quick to punish some transgressions.

03. If one of your internal pages is critical to your site's success - either for its ability to draw traffic by its high search engine ranking

04. You should do your best to prevent the same content from being available through more than one URL on your website or anyone else's. When Google finds duplicate pages

• 2 weeks later...