strange behavior adding more products than in stock

Hi,

When I have a quantity of one in stock and I am trying to buy 2 it just doesn't add the second one. Offcourse this is wanted behavior, but there is no message saying that there is only 1 in stock or something, so it is very confusing to the buyer.

I am using default theme and advanced stock management.

Is this something standard or am I missing something?

Greetings,

Roger

I am using default theme. I have changed it to have a left column. When I press on the cart button when I try to order 2 off them nothing happens. When I try to order just one it goes like normal.

Thanks,

Roger

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hmm.. well for me it didn't  :(

When I click on the plus sign, it goes to the max. number I have in stock, so that's working, but when I enter manually a bigger number than stock, nothing happens. No message, nothing in the cart, nothing.

I tried the demo and made the quantity off the black dress in small just 4. Then I went back to the frontpage and addes 6 off them without a problem, so I guess that system is not working like the " real world" ;-).

• 2 months later...

If stock management is disabled, how to prevent someone from putting 20 items in the cart if there are only 5 available? There is no error or warning if I enter whatever number of items even though they are not in stock.

The sole reason I want to disable the stock management is so that there are no green "In stock" or red "Warning" images displaying anywhere no matter the quantity available.

TIA!