How to turn off mobile theme in Prestashop 1.6.0.6

Hello!  Help Please!

Any idea how to turn off mobile / tablets theme, because from Preferences>themes it does not turning off.

I want the same design on each device, no matter if customer browse website on PC, mobile, or tablet. as in the previous version 1.5.

!!!!

:)  Yes,.. i did it right... i have a presta 1.5.4.1 and there - disabling of mobile theme work fine, but in 1.6.0.6 the changes for android are only switches between one or two columns, no changes in blocks, top menu and ect. 

it not mine, can't provide url, sorry !

default theme in prestashop uses responsiveness, it means that theme that you see on desktop, is the same theme that you see on mobile. Responsiveness just make some changes in the width of elements to display these elements properly on mobile devices.

what to do?

in this case there is nothing to do, unfortunately. the only one thing: use some themes without responsiveness

• 2 weeks later...

If you wanna do it no responsive you need to check the CSS file of the theme then you need to delete the resolution configuration in the CSS file then you will be able to see the theme with the same design on the movil and the screen pc.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello vekia. You say it is responsive and is the same design everywhere. If you will see my site www.urbanfashion.gr from tablët (mine is 9.7 inches)... You will get broke menu and broken featured products. For that reason i want to disable tablet version too.. Is there any easy way?

Menu seems fine to me on that site at tablet resolutions. As has been said you would need to install a non-responsive template or change the CSS if you don't like the way the menu etc adapts.

For me it's one of the great strengths of Prestashop that the template adapts to different resolutions and input types. It's far harder and far more expensive to do that in most other solutions.

AMFD one of the basic reasons that I install 1.6.0.6 was the responsiveness. But it has to work fine in order to keep. You can see menu and feauters in one line ? Strange for me both menu and and feauters change line and leave big empty species..

If you scale the browser window up and down you can see the points at which the responsive CSS changes the layout. If you don't like the way a particular change looks you'll need to adjust the code to make it work the way you like.

If you've made changes to font sizes, box sizes etc then you may not have adjusted the scaling/layouts of other parts to suit those changes.

I can't get your site to show big empty spaces but there a couple of resolutions where a featured product is on it's own on a line. Menu looks fine (given the style of it) at all resolutions to me.

If you scale the browser window up and down you can see the points at which the responsive CSS changes the layout. If you don't like the way a particular change looks you'll need to adjust the code to make it work the way you like.

If you've made changes to font sizes, box sizes etc then you may not have adjusted the scaling/layouts of other parts to suit those changes.

I can't get your site to show big empty spaces but there a couple of resolutions where a featured product is on it's own on a line. Menu looks fine (given the style of it) at all resolutions to me.

Thanks AMFD . I thing that you describe the best solution for anyone who want to change the mobile version. Its better to change the css for responsiveness than to disable it. Its litle difficult for someone who dont know css but its good. I ll try to change some things AMFD and i will come back to describe the changes for anyone who want to correct the bugs of mobile version layout.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks AMFD . I thing that you describe the best solution for anyone who want to change the mobile version. Its better to change the css for responsiveness than to disable it. Its litle difficult for someone who dont know css but its good. I ll try to change some things AMFD and i will come back to describe the changes for anyone who want to correct the bugs of mobile version layout.

I want to disable mobile verson in prestashop 1.6.0 too.

I delete all @media query{} from the 

theme/mytheme/css/global.css

theme/mytheme/css/product_list.css

It's not work fine.