Configuring Shipping Carriers based on Countries instead of Zones?

Our postal shipping service offers different rates for domestic shipping, to adjacent countries, all other countries in the European Union, and all other (worldwide) destinations are categorized in different shipping zones.

This means the default configuration of shipping in Prestashop 1.6.0.6 based geographical zones instead of countries is of no use for me.

What's the proper procedure to fix this issue?

Should I create new geographical zones according to the offered shipping zones by our carrier, and then move the various countries to those new zones? Because that would involve quite some work, but as I see it, it seems to be the only way.

Create new zone only for you country and assign this zone to your country

Thanks, so this is indeed the correct way then, but it's not limited to just create one new zone for the own country, because our carrier categorized all other countries differently than the default zones setup in Prestashop, which means I'd have to create all available shipping zones according to our carrier, and then move the appropriate countries to their appropriate (newly created shipping-) zone. Quite some work, but manageable.

I was also facing similar kind of problem, like according to DHL china has different rates and rest of Asia has different.

So,

Yes you're right you have to create new zones according to Carrier and move the countries in the respective zones as required. I've also spend a lot of time on it and then despite of wasting any more I created new Zones.

And for domestic shipping, no solution yet coz i have to set according to cities and don't find any option in PS1.6 to handle it....

Hope we'll get any solution soon...

One Question may be you've resolved it..

I have to apply shipping charges according to weight

like from 0.1 to 0.5kg and then 0.5+ to 1kg and 1+ to 1.5kg..............

i have done it like this below24g3d08.jpg

but it is giving range overlapping problem, any thing you've encountered and solved by now.........

One Question may be you've resolved it..

I have to apply shipping charges according to weight

like from 0.1 to 0.5kg and then 0.5+ to 1kg and 1+ to 1.5kg..............

i have done it like this below24g3d08.jpg

but it is giving range overlapping problem, any thing you've encountered and solved by now.........

What do you mean by range overlapping problem? If configured that way there should not be any overlap.

I mean as you can see  Ranges in above image 0.501000 to 1.001000 [0.5+ to 1] and 1.501000 to 2.001000 [1.5+ to 2] are in

Red BOXES

and above an error in red strip

"Ranges are Overlapping"

I can't figure out what the problem is????????????????

Sorry, totally overlooked that before. Strange, I have configured a carrier and no problem there. Have you tried with whole kg values, or just one digit right of the comma? But maybe I'm not the best to ask for advice, I've just started with Prestashop, so I'm a total newbie right at the beginning of jumping in.

You may want to check the following module, as it can save you a lot of time and hassle

http://www.presto-changeo.com/en/shipping-modules/83-localized-shipping.html

It lets you enter shipping rates by country / state or postcode (or any combination).

Thanks for the hint, but we are just starting with Prestashop, and I have to limit myself to stock and free modules for now.

@Maxima

it must be :

0.501001 etc...

Interesting, because using integer values it just works that way, there is no overlap because of "<" at the end of one range and ">=" at the beginning of the next range. Looking at @Maxima's screenshot I'd say it should have worked. What's the difference here, @UniqueModules?

What do you mean by range overlapping problem? If configured that way there should not be any overlap.

I encountered this problem before.

The ranges should be like this:

0.00-0.49

0.50-0.99

1.00-1.49

.......and so on

I encountered this problem before.

The ranges should be like this:

0.00-0.49

0.50-0.99

1.00-1.49

.......and so on

That can't be right, because then you have

>= 0.00

< 0.49

>= 0.50

< 0.99

> =1.00

> 1.49

That way if a delivery has 0.49, 0.99 or 1.49 it is not covered by that carrier.

• 1 year later...

Hi, I'm looking to do this as I need to set a higher delivery cost to ship to locations outside of the GB mainland (i.e. Northern Ireland). They are still classed as ISO code: GB as they are part of GB but it costs more to send the delivery over the water.

PS doesn't allow fake ISO codes so do I have to just use an ISO code for a country I don't ship to?

Bit of a messy way of doing things. Surprising PS designers didn't think to allow different delivery rates for different zones as well as countries.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...