unable to add state in front office registration

The State drop down menue all of a sudden is blank. I added the person from back office and all the states work but in front office the drop down is blank. This just started today. Any idea where to maybe fic this. I lost 3 orders because they cant check out with out adding the state. frustrating it all worked earlier today but now does not :-(

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much. I also lost several sales between yesterday and today as a result of the same issues you were having and I am using the default-bootstrap template.

Thank you soooooooo much!

Turning office the CCC also resolved the following additional issues I have been having,

1. My popup newsletter subscription works

2. My Facebook clock now appears on the home page

3. The new arrival table shows the correct number of new prducts

4. I am able to click on each tab. Initially, the popular and best sellers will not show even though the tabs are shown.

5. When a product is added to the cart, I can now see the pop-up to continue shopping or proceed to checkout

6. My home memu items appear in the drop down

7. The color gear on the right side - appears in IE but not firefox and chrome.

Now that the first 6 items are working, I can clearly and easily make front end changes. Thank you festeraeb

Now I need to fix a couple of plugin I purchased that stopped working yesterday.

Edited by onlinerepa (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

I disabled all CCC options and am still having a problem with the state drop down menu.. but it is strange because there is only a problem with it on mobile devices, not from PC... and what's even more strange is that I have two iphones - I have tried to reproduce the problem from both, and am only unable to select a state option using one and not the other (both are running the same software, only one has a problem with the drop down menu.. the other shows it just fine). are there any other possible solutions to this problem? my customers are unable to register or make purchases, which is hurting my bottom line...

I disabled all CCC options and am still having a problem with the state drop down menu.. but it is strange because there is only a problem with it on mobile devices, not from PC... and what's even more strange is that I have two iphones - I have tried to reproduce the problem from both, and am only unable to select a state option using one and not the other (both are running the same software, only one has a problem with the drop down menu.. the other shows it just fine). are there any other possible solutions to this problem? my customers are unable to register or make purchases, which is hurting my bottom line...

I wish I could help you because my issue with the state and zip code has returned with the last update.  So I have been evaluating Volusion, Shopify, Magento, and Wordpress over the past week and would prefer to spend my time marketing my business as a merchant and not spend my time searching for solution to backend issues that seem to crop its ugly head after each update. None of us can afford to miss sales but it seems like posting a question on the list is often ignored these days. Very discouraging.

• Like 1

Hi, I just went back in to the back end and selected No to the CCC and turned of Caching,,,,,again. Now the State and Zip code fields have returned. So, I suspect that if I stay with PS, I will need to check this area multiple times daily to make sure it has not reverted back to the previous "YES" settings and if so, change it back to "NO.".

Hi, I just went back in to the back end and selected No to the CCC and turned of Caching,,,,,again. Now the State and Zip code fields have returned. So, I suspect that if I stay with PS, I will need to check this area multiple times daily to make sure it has not reverted back to the previous "YES" settings and if so, change it back to "NO.".

Hi, thanks for your message. In the latest version, we fixed various caching issues from 1.6.0.6. Can you backup and test the upgrade to 1.6.0.7? www.prestashop.com/en/download

Can you backup and test the upgrade to 1.6.0.7?

I just finished upgrading to the newest version (1.6.0.8), and now no states are shown in the drop down menu for any of my devices... do I need to repopulate the states in the back office for this to work?... I can see all the states in my back office but none show up on the front end.

update: I turned on all CCC options and the drop down now seems to be working, but on PC only.. it is still not working on my mobile devices.

thanks for letting us know about the upgrade! it is a partial fix though, unfortunately.

Edited by myquickjuice (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

I just finished upgrading to the newest version (1.6.0.8), and now no states are shown in the drop down menu for any of my devices... do I need to repopulate the states in the back office for this to work?... I can see all the states in my back office but none show up on the front end.

update: I turned on all CCC options and the drop down now seems to be working, but on PC only.. it is still not working on my mobile devices.

thanks for letting us know about the upgrade! it is a partial fix though, unfortunately.

I'm in 1.6.0.5 and I too was having a problem. the State Drop Down in the Front Office was not working AND The Facebook and Twitter Feeds had disappeared from the bottom. In the Back Office I went into the Advanced Parameters and under the Performance section and turned the Smart Cache for Javascipt to NO. That allowed the State Drop Down to work AND turned back on the Facebook and Twitter Feeds Too! and I'm VERY HAPPY! :D

Does anyone have a solution to this problem. State dropdown appears when loading, then disappears..

"There is 1 error

1. This country requires you to chose a State."
 I try to add or remove in Localization--->Country--> My country nothing changes on the front-end.

1.6.0.6 is the version I am using.. Is this the latest.

This seems to be a problem as I have seen many posts in regards to this with no solutions..

Can you show me a post that you have seen?

You should also update to the latest version, after backing up. Test the upgrade and let me know if that solves your issue. 

Hello, Did you try this? This actually SOLVED it for me! I'm in 1.6.0.5 and I too was having a problem. the State Drop Down in the Front Office was not working AND The Facebook and Twitter Feeds had disappeared from the bottom. In the Back Office I went into the Advanced Parameters and under the Performance section and turned the Smart Cache for Javascipt to NO. That allowed the State Drop Down to work AND turned back on the Facebook and Twitter Feeds Too! and I'm VERY HAPPY!  :D

• Like 1

I'm reposting this a few times here. But this SOLVED the State problem for me! Has this helped anyone else? Here's what I did:

I'm in 1.6.0.5 and I too was having a problem. the State Drop Down in the Front Office was not working AND The Facebook and Twitter Feeds had disappeared from the bottom. In the Back Office I went into the Advanced Parameters and under the Performance section and turned the Smart Cache for Javascipt to NO. That allowed the State Drop Down to work AND turned back on the Facebook and Twitter Feeds Too! and I'm VERY HAPPY!   :D

Hello, Did you try this? This actually SOLVED it for me! I'm in 1.6.0.5 and I too was having a problem. the State Drop Down in the Front Office was not working AND The Facebook and Twitter Feeds had disappeared from the bottom. In the Back Office I went into the Advanced Parameters and under the Performance section and turned the Smart Cache for Javascipt to NO. That allowed the State Drop Down to work AND turned back on the Facebook and Twitter Feeds Too! and I'm VERY HAPPY!  :D

in 1.6.0.6 and earlier 1.6 all  java loaded bottom by default.

in 1.6.0.7 default is load top with option to load bottom.

state dropdown typically uses state.js...

losing CCC  of JavaScript is not so good, though as it's being loaded bottom on your version it's less impact than if loaded top.

so anyone having this issue with 1.6.0.7 and higher, try loading java top to see if this resolves issue (including keeping CCC)

This does not work. At least not in 1.6.0.6

in 1.6.0.6 and earlier 1.6 all  java loaded bottom by default.

in 1.6.0.7 default is load top with option to load bottom.

state dropdown typically uses state.js...

losing CCC  of JavaScript is not so good, though as it's being loaded bottom on your version it's less impact than if loaded top.

so anyone having this issue with 1.6.0.7 and higher, try loading java top to see if this resolves issue (including keeping CCC)

Not even sure what this means. But I have 1.6.0.6. Was this issue resolved in the latest update 1.6.0.9?

• Like 1

Not even sure what this means. But I have 1.6.0.6. Was this issue resolved in the latest update 1.6.0.9?

Haha Yeah, agreed! I don't know what "bottom loading" or "top loading" means either! LOL! I guess, like me, you're not a tech guy either :)

Haha Yeah, agreed! I don't know what "bottom loading" or "top loading" means either! LOL! I guess, like me, you're not a tech guy either :)

click my signature, javapro, I am not trying to sell it, well unless you understand it, but it goes a long way in helping you understand above the fold page render.  it's all the rave, and it's something that should be understood, ps does an awesome job of it with 1.6, just not all templates are compatible, they should be.  remember do what google say do. :)

happy selling and also keep visiting and contribute to community.

Not as much lol. Wish I were better but thank god for the forums. For mine it was actually a problem in the theme files address.tpl etc..

• Like 1

NOT resolved in 1.6.0.9...

But changing about all caching modes from NO (set to NO was mentioned to be a solution in other threads.., but was not)  to  YES, did the trick!

Now postal code (in NL: postcode) is visible in IE at customer registration.

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi

im using prestashop 1.6.0.9

java move to end feature is totaly suck!

if i enable it.

brand slider is working fine in theme

states are visible

if i disable it.

i having problem on my credit card payment module.its using java feature.when i enter the digits for payment module,its moving to previous page, i will be crazy about it.

Regards

Matt