Top Horizontal Menu not displaying subcategories

Ok, I have searched through this forum repeatedly to find a solution, but alas, nothing I have tried works.  I think this has something to do with my adding in all my categories via db instead of the back office.  I cannot get my subcategories to show on my front office.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

PS 1.6.0.5

solutions that I tried: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/319908-solved-horizontal-top-menu-without-sub-menu/

also tried modifying superfish-modified.css to no luck.

Cleared cache everytime just in case.

See attached images.

Let me know if there is any other info needed to assist in a solution.  Thanks a million in advance.

Brandi

post-325013-0-76152700-1396703310_thumb.jpg

post-325013-0-46340300-1396703311_thumb.jpg

post-325013-0-77614100-1396703313_thumb.jpg

strange

i thought that it's a problem with css / js but in fact

there is no subcategories even in the module page source.

what version of module you use?

perhaps you use some module modification? or module .tpl files modifications?

Sorry for the delay Vekia,

version is 1.11 and i just did a check to see if there was an update.  to my knowledge its the most current version. 

I have only started this page, so I haven't even gotten to the point where I have to start modifying php or tpl files, I have only modified the css.  Also, I realized another issue, while the Home link works (custom link) and the reptiles link works (although no sub menu on hover), none of the other categories work, they all throw a 404.  However, in the sitemap, they are all there.  http://hudsonreptiles.com/sitemap

with that being said, could it be in something I entered wrong in the DB files?  I attached the files if you wouldn't mind looking.  Maybe the nleft and nright, although from what I could tell that was just relating to breadcrumbs.

At any rate, any assistance would be appreciated.

Brandi

ps_category_group-3.txt

ps_category_lang-3.txt

ps_category_shop-3.txt

ps_category-3.txt

OMG...I just solved the problem.  OK, for anyone else that is doing this, if you enter your categories via the database and can't see them, create a test category and a subtest category.  The database automatically renumbers the nleft and nright and solves the problem!  Thanks for all that took a look, I just happened to be working on it and fell onto the fix. :D 

Marking solved.

• 4 months later...

Hello dear Vekia.

I tried the code you posted above, but I seel to have 2 issues:

1. The top menu is shown as it is supposed to be, but the subcategories look messy. (Please, refer to the image attached below)

2. In the mobile menu, I would like to have a level hierarchy, not everything to be shown at once.

Again thank you very much for your help!! I know you try so hard for everyone in this forum, so lots of kudos and sorry if I am a pain in the ass.

post-806117-0-17030800-1407520027_thumb.jpg

Edited by billy_the_king (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I can confirm the method of adding a new category and subcategory does fix your top navigation if its not dropping down or not displaying sub categories :)

Funny story, i spent 3 hours trying to fix this. used this solution and it worked, thought to myself i should go share this great news on prestashop forums to help others, but i forgot. A few hours later my web developer told me i had been working on the WRONG URL for testing and should be working on a different URL. This meant i had to fix my top navigation again but i couldnt remember how i fixed it, so back to google, for 1-2 hours trying to remember which piece of advice worked. Thats karma i guess :) lol

• Like 1