"graphnvd3" and ebay advertizing in backend on dashboard

mreisbeck

Hi Prestashoppers.

Today I had an ebay advertizing in my backend on the dashboard and I was interested in. So I clicked on it and then folks - without asking me if it is allowed - an installation of a whole module started. I guess, that's not a very gentle way to communicate with prestashop admins. It seems much more like a hostile acquisition than any serious advertizing.

Ok so far so unpleasant but now i wonder where comes this pretty new module from: graphnvd3? And I determine the sudden death of several icons in my modules list.

graphnvd3 - No information in addons. No information in github. Holy moly - I presume not only this is urgly!

Regards with deeply digged in sorrows until somone calms me down

Martin

Edited by mreisbeck (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for explaining, Xavier.

My question now is:

was someone from the team meanwhile able to comprehend this unfriendly act of piracy from the ebay-advertizer or not? The answer from Benjamin Utterback is unfortunally erased now, but I'm still heavily interested in every detail.

What did they install in my Prestashop? Was this advertize a trap for malware or can I forget the affair to sleep on calm and secure? This unfriendly act of selfinstall was not any petty affair. It was significant and It is worth to be determined exactly under every point of view you can imagine! How it comes, that a simple criminal advertizer can start an installation in my backend? What do you do to avoid such criminal attitudes?

By the way,

there is an ebay adrertizing in my backend today. I never ever click on any ebay-advertizing anymore. Here is the link behind this backend advert today: https://hesper-verlag.de/_stop_oops_my_admin_folder_secret_stop_/index.php?controller=adminmodules&install=ebay&token=stop_oops_my_token_stop_module_name=ebay&redirect=config

As I read it, they call my admincontroller still configuring anything... That's a crime!!!

Best regards

Martin

Edited by mreisbeck (see edit history)

Hey mreisbeck,

We do appreciate feedback, even the least happy ones :) But you're crossing a line by calling us criminals, and I'd appreciate a little moderation with the words you're using.

eBay is a PrestaShop partner and thanks to that partnership, merchants who are selling on eBay and on their online store have it all plugged together on their PrestaShop back-end. The eBay module on PrestaShop is not a malware, it's not even a software. It's just a module and if you installed it when you didn't want to, you can deactivate it. It is just a module. A free module. It doesn't create an eBay account on your behalf and it doesn't change anything for you if you don't sync it with an existing eBay account.

Was this advertize a trap for malware or can I forget the affair to sleep on calm and secure? 

You can sleep on calm and secure. You got worried for nothing, like you did with graphnvd3, this harmless graph engine that you first mistook for NSA ;)