How to change / modify these default ads on default theme of 1.6?

Hi,

Ok this might have been answered numerous times in the forum, but I can't seem to either understand nor read anything on the forum specifically talking about this issue... its these default ads that is on the default 1.6 theme, how do I remove it, or modify it?

Thanks!

jsqwang

A Prestashop noob of 6-8 mths

post-726578-0-05113400-1396526771_thumb.jpg

post-726578-0-73842400-1396526772_thumb.jpg

hello

about what "active" checkbox you're talking?

In the theme configurator you can expand the view on the banner. There is a checkbox "active". It doesn't matter if you check it or not, the banner stays visible.

Solution: I solved it by entering the database and going to the correct table that manages the banners and changing the value of the column "active" to 0.

Alternative solution: I also read somewhere that you could change your backoffice language to English. Then you appear to be able to make the necessary changes. I hope these kinds of bugs are solved soon with an update.

Josebon: click save first? Of course I did that! ;)

Perhaps you guys are using a fresh install. I think we (with the problems) are using migrated installs (from earlier versions of PS). That might be the reason everything works fine for you. But nevertheless, we experience the problem. Also, Vekia, you are using the English language in your video. As reported, this works as a solution but it's of no use to non-english speakers.