Error Updating native modules

Hi there,

Im getting this error when I try to update native modules:

1. There was an error while extracting the module (file may be corrupted).

It happens with all these modules which the backend needs updated:

An upgrade is available for some of your modules!

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi there,

Im getting this error when I try to update native modules:

It happens with all these modules which the backend needs updated:

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

i also face this problem yesterday..

but today it works good..

try again =D

I have also done a update for my module and now i can't open mijn module anymore :(

I get:

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module smarty_internal_compile_private_registered_function:
Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 30720 bytes)

Who can help me with this? 

your php memory limit is 64 megabytes, as you can see you exceeded this limit, and your script requires about 30720 bytes, it's about 0.03 megabytes... you need a bit more resources to run your shop now (recompilation probably)

try to disable several modules and then - everything will work, after that - turn these modules on again

your php memory limit is 64 megabytes, as you can see you exceeded this limit, and your script requires about 30720 bytes, it's about 0.03 megabytes... you need a bit more resources to run your shop now (recompilation probably)

try to disable several modules and then - everything will work, after that - turn these modules on again

I have still the same problem:

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module smarty_internal_compile_private_print_expression:

Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 122880 bytes)

But my memory is already more then 128, so it have to be good.

Who can help me please

• 2 weeks later...

I am still unable to update almost ANY of my modules, with the following error:

2 errors 

2. Module blockcart can't be upgraded:

me too... have your found the solution? 

Anyone any updates on this problem? Seems to be lots of people have the same. I can still not update, and this was a fresh install!

Can anyone shed any light as to where I would catch errors even?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

hello

prestashop core and modules constantly evolving, 1.6.0.6 was released some time ago, so it's normal that today you can find a lot of new releases of default modules.

update them, one by one, are you able?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After updating PS 1.6.0.6 to 1.6.0.8, the native module updating is working again. Seems indeed a bug in PS 1.6.0.6.

Now I have another problem: 13 native modules keep saying they need to be updated.

After pressing the update buttong (one by one!), I get a confirmation on top (green block) the module has been updated correctly, but in the list the message stays that the module needs updating (orange block and button)???

Somebody who knows what is going on and what solution to fix this?

I have the same problem. Fresh new installation of 1.6.0.8, only thing I did was stopping demo data and each upgrade is resulting in something like:

2. Module blockfacebook can't be upgraded: Error on extracting the latest version

where can I download native modules?

Edited by snowmousepub (see edit history)

I have the same problem. Fresh new installation of 1.6.0.8, only thing I did was stopping demo data and each upgrade is resulting in something like:

2. Module blockfacebook can't be upgraded: Error on extracting the latest version

where can I download native modules?

Same problem with mine..  fresh installation 1.6.0.8

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Still an issue, don't feel like making a JIRA post, because they just get closed and blamed on user installation.

Clearly, a lot of people have this issue, I have the same issue on 1.6.0.9 and also in a Fresh install

on a test server, it works until i remove the "demo" data then i can't update anymore.  

really confusing.. What's the point of the update system, if it does not work..

I don't get any errors, made this video showing what is going on 

Edited by Vaupell (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Still an issue, don't feel like making a JIRA post, because they just get closed and blamed on user installation.

Clearly, a lot of people have this issue, I have the same issue on 1.6.0.9 and also in a Fresh install

on a test server, it works until i remove the "demo" data then i can't update anymore.  

really confusing.. What's the point of the update system, if it does not work..

I don't get any errors, made this video showing what is going on 

Got exactly the same module update problem.

First tought it was a prestashop server problem or our server misconfiguration, tried on another fresh installation on the same server and everything works fine. 

Read about this on other posts, some say it's directory permissions, i compared both modules directory permissions and they are the same. 

Some suggest to delete file /config/xml/default_country_modules_list.xml and refresh module page, tried but nothing change.

When i turned OFF the "demo data", the update process was longer and i got success updates notifications for all the modules but still see 42 modules need update, even after clearing cache...

Did someone found a way to solve this?

Thank you

Same problem here on PS 1.6.0.9 fresh install. I click update all and get the green message that they were updated but they are not. same version even after update...

Same problem here on PS 1.6.0.9 fresh install. I click update all and get the green message that they were updated but they are not. same version even after update...

The next day i retry updating only 1 module and it worked, then updated all module and they all worked.

Don't know what caused this since it was working on another site same version same server but it worked...

Wait and retry tomorrow, let me know if this is working for you.

• 1 month later...