Unable to access login page, get page not available error 404 instead...

Hi guys,

I Installed Prestashop 1.6.0.5 couple day ago and have been working on it for a while now.

Today, something weird happen, I can no longer access my "Back office" login page, instead, I get my website with a:

This page is not available

We're sorry, but the Web address you've entered is no longer available.

at the home section of the website.

This happened while my site was under maintenance mode (Still is).

I tried clearing my browser cache and also manually cleared smarty cache (removed all files from tools/smarty/compile and tools/smarty/cache).

I can also confirm that I have the right link for login ex: www.mysite.com/adminxxx

I am not sure if this could have cause the failure, but it seems to have occurred after I change file permission for the admin folder to 775.

Any ideas on how to fix this, I have over 100 hours invested in the setup of this new shop.

Thanks

Dan

Edited by papagino (see edit history)

Solved

Turns out that updating modules changed chmod permission to 777 which was creating the problems I had.

I used Filezilla to change all folder permission to 755 and all files to permission 644 and problems got resolved.

This should be flag as a bug, (Updating modules changes permissions to 777)

Cheers

Solved

Turns out that updating modules changed chmod permission to 777 which was creating the problems I had.

I used Filezilla to change all folder permission to 755 and all files to permission 644 and problems got resolved.

This should be flag as a bug, (Updating modules changes permissions to 777)

Cheers

Hi, this issue has been reported to our team and we are finding a solution. I will update this thread asap.

• 5 months later...

Hello,

I seem having the same issue on 1.6.0.8 after few modules upgrades can not access anymore to my admin BO page.

Tried different browsers, cleared caches and cookies...nothing seems to work and the file controllers/admin/AdminModulesController.php  as indicated in the solution is very different (lines number are not the same so I am afrai of modifying it as I guess that was an older version)

What else can I try?

Cheers

Hi mehere, I had the same problem after I upgrade the "Top horizontal menu" module.

I simply replaced the "blocktopmenu.php" file in the "blocktopmenu" module with the one in the Prestashop installation files and I was back online. (I used Filezilla for this)

Not sure if this what cause your site to crash, but you could give it a try.

(Just make sure to backup your original blocktopmenu.php file before so you could always revert your change it this is not the problem).

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers

Dan