Structured Search Results?

prestafrm

Hi,

Wondering, how do you create the structured search results as seen in the attached image, for example?

I would like my sites categories and special products displayed with short description in search engine search result?

Thanks.

Best regards,

post-764995-0-72194500-1396203709_thumb.jpg

Hello Prestafrm,

The structured links displayed on Google Search Results Pages (SERP) are called Sitelinks.

Only Google choose when it is displayed, you can not force it.

Most of the time, Google displays it only on brand request as your website name.

The links are chosen mostly based on the internal linking of your website. Google tries to create shortlink to users, in order to simplify navigation. When you type "apple" for instance, you get most important sections of the apple.com website : "iPhone", "iPad", "Assistance", etc.

You can not really decide what will appear on Google Sitelinks. The only manual action you can do is excluding some URLs in Google Webmaster Tools.

TLDR; you can have sitelinks only on Brand request but only Google can decide if he will display it. To help it, have a good internal linking structure. Once you got it, you might remove some links via GWT.

Hope it helps,

Ciseur

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hello Ciseur,

I attach you the screenshot.

Thanks

Tilkar, the text below the link is, if relevant, the description of each page.

Here is the code used in HTML document to include it:

<meta name="description" content="{description of the page}" />

If the description is not relevant (Google decide if it is), Google might show an extract of the page which might be more relevant.

Hope it helps,

Ciseur

Edited by Ciseur (see edit history)