paypal module 500 internal server error after module upgrade 1.6 - 1.6.0.6

alfredopacino

you appear to have permission issues with your shop installation.

You should verify that your folders are (755) and files (644).

almost all my directories in /modules has 0777 permission for directories and files.

i have just made those ~60 modules upgrade..i guess someone messed out something..

i tried to set 755 to folder and 644 for files, i didnt solve.

please follow my advice and  post results.  thanks

ah now i get it, i thought you're saying to edit AdminModulesController with the correct permission, thats why im asking for the other script row.

as i said in my first post, after upgraded the paypal module and noticed it didnt work, i tried to set 644, and i didnt solve (my smartycache is off, i dont know if matters in this case).

Edited by alfredopacino (see edit history)
  • Like 1

so let's reboot

im sorry, i'm italian and something get lost in translation :)

- i have PS 1.6 (fresh installation) with the default template, just some tpl and css edit.

- when some days ago i found 64 upgrade notifications i made an hosting backup, then i start to upgrade the modules.

- all the upgrades gone fine without errors, but i noticed paypal didnt work with the error in first post.

- via ftp i noticed ALL upgraded modules had folder and files permissions 0777

- i tried to set 0755 to paypal module folder and 0644 for the files in it.

- strangely i get the same error "modules/paypal/express_checkout/payment.php" is writeable by group"

- i even tried to reinstall the module, i didnt solve.

- now i restored my hosting backup, so i get 64 upgrade notification again, paypal works for the payment in FO, but now i can't configure any modules, a module with an available upgrade can't be configured (you have to upgrade first)

i solved upgrading the paypal module and changing EACH folder permission and EACH file in the folders.

should i do the same for 63 other upgrades?should i do the same for all the future upgrades? i think some PS dev should take a look at this..

great news...

yes, I think you should put permissions to correct values.

Above I provided a link to the open forge report.  You can visit it and vote it up and apply your own comments.

http://forge.prestas...owse/PSCSX-1487

not so great news, now i should change every file of 64 modules manually..its simply ridicolous.

dont you think if i delete that row in adminmodulescontroller.php i could solve?

that row is just a chmod command, nothing else, and there isnt something like that in PS 1.5 adminmodulescontroller.php

not so great news, now i should change every file of 64 modules manually..its simply ridicolous.

dont you think if i delete that row in adminmodulescontroller.php i could solve?

that row is just a chmod command, nothing else, and there isnt something like that in PS 1.5 adminmodulescontroller.php

ridiculous, I hear your pain.

modifying the code now is to late as the permissions have been changed

it is not a chmod  it is a function in tools called chmodr (recursive), see classes/Tools.php function chmodr

but at least 'we' know what happened...and I like that your hosting checks for to  high a  lever permission, secures your shop...

modifying the code now is to late as the permissions have been changed

it is not a chmod  it is a function in tools called chmodr (recursive), see classes/Tools.php function chmodr

but at least 'we' know what happened...and I like that your hosting checks for to  high a  lever permission, secures your shop...

as i said i have upgraded paypal module and changed manually the permissions.

now i have 63 upgrades to do. and i'm asking if deleting that row i could solve this issue.

anyway i hope that bug tracking ticket you opened will be useful, i will wait for an answer..

as i said i have upgraded paypal module and changed manually the permissions.

now i have 63 upgrades to do. and i'm asking if deleting that row i could solve this issue.

anyway i hope that bug tracking ticket you opened will be useful, i will wait 1-2 days for an answer..

no you can not fix this by modifying the code

free FTP client like FileZilla may change the permissions for the whole directories and files. So it took me about 20 seconds to change the permissions for the whole Paypal module.

But I still experiencing the issue.

I'm using PP 1.3.3. and PS 1.6.0.5

When customer completes the checkout using Paypal Advanced the payment has been charging by Paypal, and then website is redirecting back to the empty page, no order is being generated and item is still sitting in the cart.

post-369270-0-56728300-1396205171_thumb.jpg

free FTP client like FileZilla may change the permissions for the whole directories and files. So it took me about 20 seconds to change the permissions for the whole Paypal module.

the folder have to be 755 and the files 644, so no, it not took 20 seconds.

for your issue you should activate the display_error in defines.inc.php 

the folder have to be 755 and the files 644, so no, it not took 20 seconds.

for your issue you should activate the display_error in defines.inc.php 

20 sec was enough to update all directories in the paypalusa module with 755 and all files with 644.

Like I told FileZill ftp client has mass permissions update option.

Thank you for the tip! Not sure how I can do it but I'll try to figure it out.

Edited by HETPE3B (see edit history)

it's not only paypal, its about 64 modules i have to change the permission, and at this state i have to repeat that each future upgrade. not so handly.

Thank you for the tip! Not sure how I can do it but I'll try to figure it out.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/224525-how-to-turn-on-error-reporting-for-debug-information/

I just updated ALL 70 modules I have with the above mentioned permissions. For all of them took about 3 minutes. Now all the folders in the modules directory have 755 and files have 644 permissions.

ok but since that's clearly a bug and a ticked was created i will wait a few days. ok :) ?

fyi: I have a pretty nifty module that monitors your shop files and allows you to undo changes.  The reason that I mention this now is that it also monitors file permission changes and yep, it can restore file permissions.  Took me five months of development inculdinhgg testing and is very robust, i.e it bloody well works.  I market it primarily as a Trojan protection but it is much more than that.  I am a retired mainframe systems programmer so I tend not to write fluffy modules. :)

So if you want to be informed of 'any' file changes and have capability of 'undo', check out this forum post.

PrestaShop PrestaVault

fyi: I have a pretty nifty module that monitors your shop files and allows you to undo changes.  The reason that I mention this now is that it also monitors file permission changes and yep, it can restore file permissions.  Took me five months of development inculdinhgg testing and is very robust, i.e it bloody well works.  I market it primarily as a Trojan protection but it is much more than that.  I am a retired mainframe systems programmer so I tend not to write fluffy modules. :)

So if you want to be informed of 'any' file changes and have capability of 'undo', check out this forum post.

PrestaShop PrestaVault

im not so expert with PS for take a full advance of this module, but i will take a look :)

PrestaShop PrestaVault

im not so expert with PS for take a full advance of this module, but i will take a look :)

jajaja..it is very user friendly and default settings are for any user....I do tend to add advanced settings that are used by the 1%...I don't know why it just seemed like a good idea at the time.

Just a comment here as I had excactly the same problem with paypal module after upgrading.

My paypal folder and files were all set to permission 777 by the upgrade.

I saw the same thing on other modules I upgraded.

I changed both the paypal folder and the files in it to permission 755 and that was all I needed to do.

Viola....it works again.

• Like 2

Just a comment here as I had excactly the same problem with paypal module after upgrading.

My paypal folder and files were all set to permission 777 by the upgrade.

I saw the same thing on other modules I upgraded.

I changed both the paypal folder and the files in it to permission 755 and that was all I needed to do.

Viola....it works again.

Same problem and solution

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

in PS 1.6.0.6 i still got the problem but using Filezilla to recursively change permissions, 755 for directories and 644 for files, Paypal works.

Looks like it will be fixed in 1.6.0.7 (http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCSX-1487) but I do not know if this fix will change also modules  already updated (with 777 permissions ) or only the new ones.

Should I change all modules permissions to 755 in directories and 644 in files?

Or there could be modules that need different ones?

Thank you.

Edited by dsboy27 (see edit history)

Hi all,

in PS 1.6.0.6 i still got the problem but using Filezilla to recursively change permissions, 755 for directories and 644 for files, Paypal works.

Looks like it will be fixed in 1.6.0.7 (http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCSX-1487) but I do not know if this fix will change also modules  already updated (with 777 permissions ) or only the new ones.

Should I change all modules permissions to 755 in directories and 644 in files?

Or there could be modules that need different ones?

Thank you.

this will not change any previous module installations permissions 'back'.  I think that is what you were asking.

best to change any modules that were set by native ps 777 to 755/644

dont know if you noticed i upped the thread not dsboy27.

i just asking for a definitive solution to this issue (2 months later i dont think it's too much to ask..)

yes I did notice, bumping the thread is against forum policy. I wasn't going to say anything until you mentioned it. :)

The original problem as reported by original poster has been resolved by 'marked answer'. 

http://forge.prestas...owse/PSCSX-1487

this was marked as the solution....does this not resolve for you?

uhm i applied this solution and it worked for me when it was posted in april.

But with the latest update i noticed the problem is there again.

but now just for try i open AdminModulesController.php and these row are still here!

how could you explain that? maybe some past upgrade overwrited the file? now i deleted the rows again..

uhm i applied this solution and it worked for me when it was posted in april.

But with the latest update i noticed the problem is there again.

but now just for try i open AdminModulesController.php and these row are still here!

how could you explain that? maybe some past upgrade overwrited the file? now i deleted the rows again..

hi alfred, what are these 'rows' you are referring to?

https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/commit/07e5e8fdedf7f4fe46e28eff07faf44683f710bc

here i see the lines I have to cancel, am I right? that's how i read the red lines

ah yes, applying the fix.

I think it may be easier to open AdminModulesController

then go back to the fix-->click  view-->and copy and paste entire code to your file.

then file (or ftp back up the changed file).

I hope that helps.

ah yes, applying the fix.

I think it may be easier to open AdminModulesController

then go back to the fix-->click  view-->and copy and paste entire code to your file.

then file (or ftp back up the changed file).

I hope that helps.

now i dont have any update to do, so i cant try.

the quesiton is: why i get the original bugged AdminModulesController again if i have done this fix in april?  :blink:  :blink:

now i dont have any update to do, so i cant try.

the quesiton is: why i get the original bugged AdminModulesController again if i have done this fix in april?  :blink:  :blink:

I don't know.  My PrestaVault module emails you of file/permission changes other than that you would need to look at file date using ftp to see when last updated.

• Like 1