strange categories block behaviour

Hi

i have a big problem with block categories , if i choose any subcategories whe i come back to the home or i choose other page , the block remains open random, I mean it does not close all , and at the same time I have a problem with the footer, now there are 4 columns, I think the problem is blockcategories, does not work well , i set module in this way:

Category root

Home page

Set the maximum depth of sublevels displayed in this block (0 = infinite).

Dynamc
yes

choose column footer = 1

help!! i can send a photos with the problem , sorry for my english ! help please      ( ps 1.6.0.5 )

www.stratogamepoint.it

Edited by stratomagic (see edit history)

Hi, 

Can any one tell me how to remove left category block title changes. 1.6v. Every time I click on category or a child of category, the name changes. Where all the time it was only "Categories" (the title of category block), but now it changes dynamicaly.

Appreciate any help. 

Edited by Dzinyna (see edit history)

Hi, 

Can any one tell me how to remove left category block title changes. 1.6v. Every time I click on category or a child of category, the name changes. Where all the time it was only "Categories" (the title of category block), but now it changes dynamicaly.

Appreciate any help. 

modules/categories block

set Root=home

my root is set 'home' And I still have this behaviour.

sorry i didnt get the issue, but now you have set root=home at least you don't have a "dynamic" category block content.

for your title issue you have to change blockcategories.tpl file at 29th row

change this:

<h2 class="title_block">
		{if isset($currentCategory)}
			{$currentCategory->name|escape}
		{else}
			{l s='Categories' mod='blockcategories'}
		{/if}
	</h2>

to this:

<h2 class="title_block">
			{l s='Categories' mod='blockcategories'}
	</h2>
Edited by alfredopacino (see edit history)

I also have Root=Home in my modules/Categories Block, maximum depth =0, Footer columns=2, have made your changes to the /modules/blockcategories/blockcategories.tpl at line 29 as stated above, but my subcategories are still dynamic.
Also I must add, the categories block in the footer is still only 1 column, not 2 as required. I have un-installed the module, reinstalled it.
Problem persists in Firefox and IE, so its not a caching issue.

Link: www.sunset27.co.nz

Can anyone help?

Edited by brim (see edit history)

I also have Root=Home in my modules/Categories Block, maximum depth =0, Footer columns=2, have made your changes to the /modules/blockcategories/blockcategories.tpl at line 29 as stated above, but my subcategories are still dynamic.

Also I must add, the categories block in the footer is still only 1 column, not 2 as required. I have un-installed the module, reinstalled it.

Problem persists in Firefox and IE, so its not a caching issue.

Link: www.sunset27.co.nz

Can anyone help?

any link?

about the footer issue, i also noticed the categories are always in 1 column as you can see here

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/321517-facebook-module-doesnt-work/

http://www.sunset27.co.nz is one of my sites with this issue. Footer column needs to show in 2 columns not 1.

i asked for a link for see the block categories title issue, i dont solved the footer issue yet.

so you edited blockcategories.tpl with my code and still get the "dynamic" title? have you tried to clear the cache?

edit: sorry i didnt see you already tried to clear the cache, so i dont know what could be the problem  :blink:

ps: i think you should create two main categories "mens" and "ladies" move the categories (formal wears, sport wear..) in them. you should do the same in topmenu.

just my 2 cent :)

Edited by alfredopacino (see edit history)