Categories block looks like one category is selected on everywhere

dename

Hi, strange bug with categories block, it chose one category for itself and shows it selected on every category, look http://www.sanitarios-casadebanho.pt/pt/6-banheiras-hidromassagem http://www.sanitarios-casadebanho.pt/pt/12-cabines-de-duche

Tried to uninstall the module and reinstall it, no help.

And when I select "Category root" - Current in module settings, it behaves strange, sometimes it shows correct category, sometimes it just disappears. update: it looks correct when set to Category root - Current.

When I switch back to "Category root" - Home it shows the category last selected with "Category root" set to Current

Where to look for the problem? Some db problems? cache?

thanks!

Edited by dename (see edit history)

As i wrote in another topic, copy via ftp the original folder of this module smashing the new one.

Don't delete the folder.

After that go to your BO and you will see that this module need to be updated.

Do it and enjoy!!!

• Like 1

thank you icstra

what I did was: deleted the content of "blockcategories", copied the content of "blockcategories" from 1.6 installation, updated the module, cleared the cache and forced template compilation. Still same.

Is there a way to "reset" the db for this module? what else to check?

Cleared the cache, tried another browser, no help.

But I've noted that when I change some server-side configuration params, like for example turn "friendly urls" off and on, or simply save "SEO & URLs" backoffice tab, then categories block "wakes up" and starts to show a category which it was reloaded on as a current.

It shows it then as current on other categories as well; i.e. it has a track of its own "current" category somewhere.

Some caching problem?

Yeah and when "Category root" set to Current it works correctly.

Edited by dename (see edit history)

Found the old version and copied it over to the server and then updated. Now if I clear my browser cache and close it out and reopen the category control is there and it works, until I navigate off the page, then it reverts to open all the time.  BTW: I cleared the Smarty Cache and turned off all caching.  8-(

Edited by thedrparker (see edit history)