Emails from outside senders NOT using Contact Form are not being received in Admin Customer Service

Messages sent using the site Contact Form are received and appear in the admin Customer Service page. However, messages sent from outsite, from someone's email service such as Google or Yahoo, to the email addresses set up in Contacts are not received and don't appear in Prestashop admin.

Is there an option or setting I'm completely missing?.

Help much appreciated.

Daniel

I suspect you are using a custom SMTP setting?  If so, then your SMTP server is likely restricting email relay.

When a customer uses the contact form, the form sends the email using the provided email address as the "From".  Your SMTP server likely rejects it

I suspect you are using a custom SMTP setting?  If so, then your SMTP server is likely restricting email relay.

When a customer uses the contact form, the form sends the email using the provided email address as the "From".  Your SMTP server likely rejects it

The Contact Form is working and emails are received correctly. 

I have left the default setting choice, PHP in Advanced Parameters, E-mail.

However, emails that a customer sends from their Google or Yahoo, or any outside method, to one of the emails under Customers, Contacts do not appear in the Prestashop Admin. The emails go first through my email hosting provider, which is working and being received. Is there a way to get them into Prestashop? Right now, even when a customer replies to a message sent about their account or order, replies to registration or purchase, the message is not appearing in the Admin. The email account do work with hosting provider.

Thanks

Good question. Maybe I have it basakwards. But if I reply to a customer's message (question or concern) in their order (click Yes, Display to Customer), when they reply to me, it won't come into the CMS. So what good is the Thread if it doesn't have all the customer communication about their order, just my comments or replies? No employee looking at the customer order to see how any question was resolved and what the customer said will be there.

Rarely do I ever go to a website to send a message to CS about my order, I use the email address published on ther Contact area in the footer or CS page or reply to my order confirmation from my email account, Google, Yahoo, etc.

It seems better to manager customer communcation from the CMS, messages from Billing, etc.

Am I way off?

But you are saying that I can do it by using the IMAP settings of my email provider?

Thanks

PS v1.5 has a feature where you can configure an IMAP folder to use.  It is at the bottom of the customer service area.  I see it in PS v1.6 as well.

I have never used these features, but the idea is that Prestashop would use this IMAP folder to read messages from customer emails and pull them into the service area. 

I would suggest you play with this on a test copy of the store and determine if it does what you are looking for.

PS v1.5 has a feature where you can configure an IMAP folder to use.  It is at the bottom of the customer service area.  I see it in PS v1.6 as well.

I have never used these features, but the idea is that Prestashop would use this IMAP folder to read messages from customer emails and pull them into the service area. 

I would suggest you play with this on a test copy of the store and determine if it does what you are looking for.

Thanks for your help

I called my hosting provider, IMAP is not supported on all email accounts, but an upgrade. I think you are right, as I understand, this will allow Prestashop to synchronize with the email accounts and bring them into the CMS. If we decide to enable, I will let you know how it works.

Daniel

I'm just suggesting to use it as a test to confirm it works as you expect before you pay to upgrade your email service

Thanks for your suggestion. When I tried using the IMAP info for my gmail account (also changed my main contact email address to the gmail), it gave me an error on Sync, that IMAP was not installed on this server. I have a shared hosing account on Godaddy. Called them, they said that IMAP email would be an upgrade. I guess that's how they make extra. Too bad, I have been with GoDaddy for 5 years and amazing customer support, every single time needed help, they have answered and solved directly without copy/paste wasted email.

So perhaps it is just best to upgrade your plan so you have IMAP support.  I'm not sure how you retrieve your email otherwise (via smartphone, outlook or webmail), but if using a smartphone or outlook, having IMAP instead of just POP3 would be beneficial anyways

• 2 weeks later...

So perhaps it is just best to upgrade your plan so you have IMAP support.  I'm not sure how you retrieve your email otherwise (via smartphone, outlook or webmail), but if using a smartphone or outlook, having IMAP instead of just POP3 would be beneficial anyways

Bellini 13 was right about getting messages into PS when people send via their own Gmail, Yahoo, etc., and not the Contact Form. I feel somewhat slow, but, I found the info about retrieving messages into PS in the documentation: "You also need to properly configure your IMAP settings, so that PrestaShop can retrieve the customer's answers to e-mail that were sent from the customer service tool." [emphasis mine].

• 7 months later...