Import language

jaro61

Don't have much experience with importing languages, but there is much things that could go wrong. Namely:

1/ are you sure that downloaded language file is not corrupted and is OK for your version of prestashop?

2/ did you try upload it in different browser. I know that PS use JavaScript more and more and then it depends on your browser, if it supports all functions properly (as expected) and Opera is not very widespread (althoug I also like it, use it and I'm little bit dissapointed from latest version being similar to webkit browsers)

If you say yes to all questions and your module still not working, then it really is a problem.

I have the same problem.
Tested it in Safari, Firefox and Chrome.
when i want to add a language pack, i choose the right pack and click "import", and then it just show a blank white page.
I can't even import it manually efter downloading the language pack.

Happend after upgrading to 1.6.. Really sucks!

I have the same problem.

Tested it in Safari, Firefox and Chrome.

when i want to add a language pack, i choose the right pack and click "import", and then it just show a blank white page.

I can't even import it manually efter downloading the language pack.

Happend after upgrading to 1.6.. Really sucks!

This is probably not the same issue. 

Please follow the instructions regarding the 500 Error, the link is in my signature.

Turn on Error Reporting and let me know what error shows when you reproduce the action of importing a language. 

Thanks!

This is probably not the same issue. 

Please follow the instructions regarding the 500 Error, the link is in my signature.

Turn on Error Reporting and let me know what error shows when you reproduce the action of importing a language. 

Thanks!

I have now turned on Error Reporting. And it doesn't seem to be a 500 Error. 

When i want to add a language or localization pack i get these: 

add-language-error.png

and

add-localizationpack.png

When I look in the /tools/tar/ there is no "Archive_Tar.php", and when I open the /classes/Language.php line 854 wants to create the file if there is none. But it just seem to crash. 

I have now turned on Error Reporting. And it doesn't seem to be a 500 Error. 

When i want to add a language or localization pack i get these: 

add-language-error.png

and

add-localizationpack.png

When I look in the /tools/tar/ there is no "Archive_Tar.php", and when I open the /classes/Language.php line 854 wants to create the file if there is none. But it just seem to crash. 

PROBLEM SOLVED! 

This post did the job for me:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/316420-solved-fatal-error-installing-modules/ 

Downloaded the Prestashop 1.5.6.2 and uploaded the "Archive_Tar.php" file into my directory. 

It runs perfectly now! 

Oh the joy of solving a problem that have been driving you crazy!