[Solved] Fatal error installing modules

Hi,

I have upgrade to 1.6., I get this error any time I try to install or to reset a module. Any ideas?

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/bwhdwfzj/public_html/tools/tar/Archive_Tar.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in/home/bwhdwfzj/public_html/classes/Language.php on line 933
[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module Language:
require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/bwhdwfzj/public_html/tools/tar/Archive_Tar.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')

Thank you very much in advance.

Edited by laurapessoa (see edit history)

Thank you for your reply.

You are right, there wasn't the Archive:Tar.php inside the /tools/tar/ directory. I have copied it from the Prestashop 1.6 files but it still have the error:

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/bwhdwfzj/public_html/tools/tar/Archive_Tar.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in/home/bwhdwfzj/public_html/classes/Language.php on line 933
[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module Language:
require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/bwhdwfzj/public_html/tools/tar/Archive_Tar.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')

Permissions are set in 755 for archives and 644 for files.

I don't know it can helps, but when I try to open the Archive_Tar.php with Filezilla I get this:

Comando: RETR Archive_Tar.php
Risposta: 550 Can't open Archive_Tar.php: No such file or directory
Errore: Errore critico trasferimento file

I will try to upload another file.

This still seems to be a permissions problem. Please change Archive_Tar.php to 777 and see what happens.

Unfortunatly not worked. This is weird.

Comando: SITE CHMOD 777 Archive_Tar.php
Risposta: 550 Could not change perms on Archive_Tar.php: No such file or directory

The file cannot be uploaded for some reason.

Please open the file locally and verify the file integrity. Then check if you can upload any other file via FTP, into the same directoryand make sure that the ftp user has the permissions to write files there.

I'm pretty sure you'll sort it out with a few simple tests.

• Like 1

Impossible to upload the Archive_Tar.php file. All the time it was cancelled automatically, and it wasn't possible to open it or change its permissions.

I have solved uploading the ArchiveTar.php file from the PS 1.5.6.2 version. 

Maybe the new one is corrupted or I don't know. But now it works.

Thank you very much to prestashopninja for drive me to the right way. :-D

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello to All,

I was simply installing my modules being new and Got the error below when i try access the modules section otther areas work.

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module Api:
syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION, expecting ')'

Do i re upload the 

Archive_Tar.php

Thanks

Edited by brianken65 (see edit history)