Logo Upload Problem

Not sure if this is a specific problem of my site or PrestaShop 1.6 (upgrade) related.

I upgraded from prestashop 1.5 and everything is fine so far.

Then I decided to change the logo of the site.

I went to preferences => themes and uploaded the new logo. The logo is being uploaded but it won't show up as logo. I can see it in the image folder. After the upload it got a name sitename-anynumber.jpg

The earlier PrestaShop 1.5 Logo had the filename logo-1.jpg but was not replaced by the new uploaded file.

If I delete the old logo it doesn't change anything then the placeholder for an image appears but still not the new uploaded logo.

However, if I rename the newly uploaded file to logo.jpg (after the upload it had a name sitename-anynumber.jpg) the logo appears.

I can upload a new logo in a fresh Prestashop 1.6 install without any problems. Is it an upgrade problem or is it only my site?

Edited by prestamax (see edit history)

Try another browser. I had problem with upload logo in Opera, but in Explorer was it OK.

Not sure if this is a specific problem of my site or PrestaShop 1.6 (upgrade) related.

I upgraded from prestashop 1.5 and everything is fine so far.

Then I decided to change the logo of the site.

I went to preferences => themes and uploaded the new logo. The logo is being uploaded but it won't show up as logo. I can see it in the image folder. After the upload it got a name sitename-anynumber.jpg

The earlier PrestaShop 1.5 Logo had the filename logo-1.jpg but was not replaced by the new uploaded file.

If I delete the old logo it doesn't change anything then the placeholder for an image appears but still not the new uploaded logo.

However, if I rename the newly uploaded file to logo.jpg (after the upload it had a name sitename-anynumber.jpg) the logo appears.

I can upload a new logo in a fresh Prestashop 1.6 install without any problems. Is it an upgrade problem or is it only my site?

• Like 1

Hey, it looks like they took my suggestion. Your logo might be cached, it looks like in 1.6 it doesn't add a query string to the logo, so with apache optimizations turned on it will cache the logo. Clear your cache and check the site. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...