Edit .tpl files

after changes in tpl files:

- turn on force compile in adv. paramters > performance tab in your back office

- turn off cache (the same tab in BO)

do it temporarily, when you will stop workin on templates, switch these options to original values.

in addition, make sure that your .tpl files of modules (if you edit module .tpl files) dont exist in themes/YOUR_THEME/modules dir.

if so - you have to edit these files instead of original module .tpl files.

Thank you for your answer!

I would like to edit Login Form and delete some fields like (Company, Phone...). 

Besides, I would like to change "State" field for "Province".

How should I do this? Deleting/changing the fields in the authentication tpl file or how?

Thank you!

Authentication.tpl modificaiton (themes/authentication.tpl) + preferences in back office to hide unwanted fields (localization > countries >edit for country)

in addition, one phone number is necessary for prestashop.

if (!Tools::getValue('phone') && !Tools::getValue('phone_mobile'))

$error_phone = true;

}

elseif (((Configuration::get('PS_REGISTRATION_PROCESS_TYPE') || Configuration::get('PS_ORDER_PROCESS_TYPE')) 

&& (Configuration::get('PS_ORDER_PROCESS_TYPE') && !Tools::getValue('email_create')))

&& (!Tools::getValue('phone') && !Tools::getValue('phone_mobile')))

$error_phone = true;

elseif (((Configuration::get('PS_REGISTRATION_PROCESS_TYPE') && Configuration::get('PS_ORDER_PROCESS_TYPE') && Tools::getValue('email_create')))

&& (!Tools::getValue('phone') && !Tools::getValue('phone_mobile')))

$error_phone = true;

I restored the files. However, now I have an error. How can I fix it?

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyCompilerException' with message 'Syntax Error in template "/homepages/42/d514753301/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Prestashop/basketshoponline/themes/coffeeshop_theme/authentication.tpl" on line 234 "<form action="../default/themes/default/{$link->getPageLink('authentication', true, NULL, "back=$back")|escape:'html'}" method="post" id="new_account_form" class="std clearfix">" - Unexpected "&"' in /homepages/42/d514753301/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Prestashop/basketshoponline/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php:665 Stack trace: #0 /homepages/42/d514753301/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Prestashop/basketshoponline/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templateparser.php(3144): Smarty_Internal_TemplateCompilerBase->trigger_template_error() #1 /homepages/42/d514753301/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Prestashop/basketshoponline/tools/smarty/s in/homepages/42/d514753301/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Prestashop/basketshoponline/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php on line 665

Hi!

Line 234 is this:

{if isset($inOrderProcess) && $inOrderProcess && $PS_GUEST_CHECKOUT_ENABLED}

And Dreamweaver advice that the error is in line 36:

var idSelectedCountry = {if isset($smarty.post.id_state)}{$smarty.post.id_state|intval}{else}false{/if};

Anyone can help me find the syntax error, please?

• 6 years later...

Helo..Im New to prestashop. I created one custom module for payment gatway. and i need to edit error.tpl file inside that module. i edited tpl file after enabling force compilation and no cache. but it wont works for me. i need to show one message (response from payment like invalid pin, insufficient fund)in that file.Please answer..

Thank youu