[Solved] Can't remove products and categories

Hi guys,

I did a lot of research here (and google), but i really can't find the true solution.

As you can see i'm new here, but i truly tried a lot of things.

The problem is that i cannot delete the test products and categories.

When i delete a category, it works according to backoffice. However, it still shows on my menu (ipod and stuff).

When i delete a product, i get a message telling me that: an error occurred during deletion, while the products are gone out of the list??

I tried to cancel joe's orders and even removed them with different kind of modules. I removed Joe himself too. I also changed rules like delete = false to true and tried to add rules like $this->addRowAction(‘delete’);

Nothing worked :(

Hope that someone can help me.

Thanks in advance

Edited by FurkyStyle (see edit history)

Got it!

When i woke up today, i started working on the site again. And the products where gone!
I added some new categories and products, but they didnt show again.

Cleared the cache: no effect.

Then i went to my ftp-app and cleared all the stuff i dont need including cache/smarty/compile, cache/smarty/cache and img/tmp.

Now it shows all the changes i made immediately! :lol:

Finally i can start with my site!

Sorry for disturbing you Nemo :blush:

Edited by FurkyStyle (see edit history)

• 5 months later...

Well, the only solution at this point is to erase them manually I fear :( You can get rid of them, and then reset the auto_increment value for the ps_category table in the back office, so that IDs are not too high (if you care about it, not strictly necessary)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My prestashop is hosted with fatcow.  I have trouble to show catagory at the home page and delete unwanted catagories.  The home page actually show one catagory from the subfolder under home and one other subcataggory of a home catagory.  I thought it is supposed to show all the catagories under home on the home page and sub catagories will be shown when you click one of the home catagories.  It is not this way.  Another problem is that when I add new catagory under home catagory.  I make sure I check the green check mark on, but it does not display on my webpage at all.  Can anyone help me on this?

Kevin

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have a similar problem. I have two root categories, i can open both and there allow me to edit the next level categories, but I only need the one named Home, the other when I select delete it shows no error but is still there (Only has Edit and Delete option available on the one I want to get rid of, no view option, even thought when i click on the edit option it opens the sub cat view not the edit properties screen).

the default home cat is set as home and it does give me the two options in the shop home cat selection..

I'm running 1.6.1.0 cloud version

Any ideas please....

Edited by tpluk1 (see edit history)

Hi

I have a similar problem. I have two root categories, i can open both and there allow me to edit the next level categories, but I only need the one named Home, the other when I select delete it shows no error but is still there (Only has Edit and Delete option available on the one I want to get rid of, no view option, even thought when i click on the edit option it opens the sub cat view not the edit properties screen).

the default home cat is set as home and it does give me the two options in the shop home cat selection..

I'm running 1.6.1.0 cloud version

Any ideas please....

Sorry....solved it myself, didn't think to disable the root category first...now its deleted.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Same Problem with me,

Recently someone enabled the multistore function from back office for my shop.

i manage to disable the multi-store option, but what actually happened is horrifying, every product on my shop become out of stock in ongoing promotion, i manage to import the product csv file for increase the quantity which i saved before. Today i have notice one more thing that i cannot access categories from back office and also from front end. 

Category structure is like 

Home - Shop - Men Fashion - Sub Categories for men fashion

I can access only shop but when i click on men fashion it through me back to root category page or whenever i try to edit or delete the men fashion category it again through me back to root category page and does nothing.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance