Prestashop 1.6 - 250 000 products, 4 languages, multistore - very very slow

chrasty

Hello,

i imported 250 000 products for 4 languages. Multistore allowed.
Shop is very slow. In one category is 75 000 products and page loading take 18 seconds.

Server:
CPU: Intel Xeon L3426 4C/8T 1.86 GHz 8 MB
8 GB DDR3 1066 MHz

2 x SAS 3G 146GB 15k, HW RAID

.htaccess
php_value max_execution_time 1600
php_value memory_limit 1512M
php_value max_input_time 1200
php_value default_socket_timeout 480
php_value mysql.connect_timeout 480
php_value query_cache_size 128M

How can I speed up page load under 3 seconds?

Thank you for help

post-419563-0-70641800-1393316913_thumb.jpg

Edited by chrasty (see edit history)

You should enable caching. According to your screenshot you have set "use cache" to "no" (only template cache is enabled)

Yes, i tried it, but it have not any effect. I have installed APC on server. I think that problem will in mysql, but i do not know how repair that.

Better is a fast-cgi opcode caching system with balance loading distributed on several servers. Prestashop 1.6.03 is the fasted version I've ever tested. Only 10.000 products, but 300 filter options which make all server slow....

Did you tried to use medai-servers for to outsource data ? Cloud (CDN) could solve your problem...

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

for 'anyone' with slow pages, one should obtain critical PrestaShop profiling information for slow page(s).  This may make it very simple to find the problem area.  To not do this just leads to a lot of guessing.

open file config/defines.inc.php and set value to true, visit slow page(s), scroll down, collect profiling information for later analysis.

define('_PS_DEBUG_PROFILING_', false);

note: when set to true all front and back office visitors will see the profiling information, so turn off when you have finished collecting information.

tip: for 1.6 shops (for 1.6.0.7 and higher) bo-->advanced parms-->performance (set javascript load bottom).

for pre 1.6 shops (1.5) or 1.6 with themes not compatible with move all javascript bottom, then see JavaPro module.  Moving javascript to bottom will  create a much faster above the fold page render, nobody really cares how long your footer takes  to load. :)