2 prestashops 2 domains?

Hi,

I have a problem, I want to install the multistore on my Prestashop (1.5.6.1) but using another domain in the second store.

But my domain supplier tells me that they cannot support multistore for prestashop. They tell me that I have to install another Prestashop and start to zero.

I want to use the multistore because on that way I can have only an invoice system number (and is easier to manage all products, of course).

There must be a solution. Can I have 2 prestashops in 2 domains and make some kind of redirection?

Or, can I have 2 prestashops software in 2 domains but using the same database? (using the same log in).

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mmm... I'm very sorry El Patron, I don't know exactly what do you mean (sorry for my ignorance).

I know that Dondominio uses its own control panel, from there I can manage some options like parking, redirection, subdomain, app installer, e-mail accounts, FTP, databases, DNS...

Did you mean that? :(

No, I can't.

Maybe I don't explain well.

My first domain -> www.artaliquam.com

My second domain -> www.cremacatalana.cat

I have Prestashop installed in artaliquam.com and I have activated the multistore (with its corresponding URL in each store).

But, I don't see the store in cremacatalana.cat (well, ATM I have the parking activated), because Dondominio tells me that their service don't support the multistore prestashop feature.

Hope this time I explain better ^^

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

I have one domain name with PS and I want to use more different domain names for the same PS store. I used alias of the parked domain name to the main domain name with PS. The problem is, when I write the alias domain to the browser it's redirected to the main domain name where is PS. I need that the alias domain keep the alias name. So I need the same store using different domain names, but each time the domain name change and store stay still the same. Could you help me please?

:mellow:

well what do you have?  did you search for whatever you are using? 

if you hosting for some odd reason does not support some sort of version of cpanel or plesk then you should consider moving hosting.

My hosting doesn't use any of these panels, they use a panel of their own.

Ok, it's a possibility (to move to other hosting), so, if I go to another one with cpanel, can I use the multistore with different domains?

I apreciate all your help, really :)

My hosting doesn't use any of these panels, they use a panel of their own.

Ok, it's a possibility (to move to other hosting), so, if I go to another one with cpanel, can I use the multistore with different domains?

I apreciate all your help, really :)

1) If they use a panel by own, which options do you have ? Is there no one you can make settings for a domain ?

2 ) Multistore with different domains is independent of cPanel or any other server setting administration panel. Multistore feature is just one database for two different domains. Activate multistore feature and configure it. If you want to have 2 shops with different content and 2 database, install 2 prestashops. Each one on different domains. If you want to use one database only for 2 different domains so your option is multistore.

How to install and configure multistore: http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS15/Managing+Multiple+Shops

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)

1) If they use a panel by own, which options do you have ? Is there no one you can make settings for a domain ?

2 ) Multistore with different domains is independent of cPanel or any other server setting administration panel. Multistore feature is just one database for two different domains. Activate multistore feature and configure it. If you want to have 2 shops with different content and 2 database, install 2 prestashops. Each one on different domains. If you want to use one database only for 2 different domains so your option is multistore.

How to install and configure multistore: http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS15/Managing+Multiple+Shops

I want to do 2 stores with one database, I have configure it but doesn't work. Then, I contacted with the hosting and they say they cannot support any kind of multistore for Prestashop.

I found another hosting service that can provide me the multistore, tomorrow I'll contract the new host.

Thank you very much to all for your help. Really. :)

i have also this problem. i want to use 2 domains with one db

i'm using direct admin.

For example

main shop www.led.be

second dealer.ledlamp.be

How can i do this?
I'm understand the presta docs multishop for admin, but the docs from presta don't explain anything about how to setup dns.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! Thanks for a great support forum. 

I need to know how to set up a multistore - > with two different domains ( www.domain1.com www.domain2.com not subdomains or subcatalog ) using the same db. If read the manual it says nothing about how to manage this. 

So my main question is:

Is it or is it not possible to to this in Prestashop 1.5.6.2.

Thanks!

Dastro

Hi! Thanks for a great support forum. 

I need to know how to set up a multistore - > with two different domains ( www.domain1.com www.domain2.com not subdomains or subcatalog ) using the same db. If read the manual it says nothing about how to manage this. 

So my main question is:

Is it or is it not possible to to this in Prestashop 1.5.6.2.

Thanks!

Dastro

Let's assume for a second that PrestaShop doc does in fact properly show adding multishop it's easier if you play with it.  You can easily create a 2nd shop and call it anything to see the options of shop group and shop generation which has very robust set of options of share/not share.

the doc however does not address  pointing 1 domain name to another...this is outside the scope of Prestashop doc

General rule of thumb for popular hosting control panels. 

cpanel = park 2nd..nth domain (or subdomain) to main domain

plesk = alias 2nd domain(or subdomain) to main domain

one must of course also be able to point their domain dns from registrar properly, i.e. host and dns names.

resolving pointer issues is best done with your hosting provider and/or registrar and is outside the scope of Prestashop cms.

Thanks for the answer.

I am really glad that after some more research I finally had this working.

First - my webhotel is using cpanel (inmotionhosting). 

1. I had to make the multistore.domain1.com be the main account-domain. I had to change this. *(see down this page)

2. Then I had to set up first main domain1.com and make enable the multistore. I found a good explanation on multistore here. 

* I had a small problem in my case. 

It was that the domain1.com was not the main account on the webhotel 

and therefore the 'auto-redirect-to-the-root-function', that is a part of their park domain feature, didn´t work.

Note: It is important not to use the redirect function. That should be disabled. 

We do not want redirection to another domainin this case ( if we want it should show up as two different domains ).

My config was:

root.domain0.com -> multistore.domain1.com -> multistore.domain2.com

Right config:

root.multistore.domain1.com -> multistore.domain2.com

Conclusion:

The main account domain also has to be the main account in your multistore.

I hope this could help someone. It helped me.

Thanks!

Dastro

• Like 1