Paypal USA Standard Orders not going through. Error, please help

rosetyler

Hello, I'm really happy there is such a great community here. I'm new and I need  some help with getting Paypal working. I'm using paypalusa 1.3.1 and I've upgraded to the latest Prestashop 1.5.6.2. I'm using sandboxing and not the live paypal.

I have a problem with using Paypal Payments Standard. When Paypal redirects back to the store it goes to the Order History. It doesn't have the new order and the shopping cart still has the item in it. There is nothing on the back end concerning the order. I've read this thread here which seems like my problem: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/282164-paypal-payment-but-no-orders/

From that thread, I have tried:

• Using the version on Github of the paypalusa module.              
  • In the sandboxed Paypal business account I changed Profile -> My Selling Tools -> Website Preferences -> and then I changed the Return URL to point to the validation.php

I also turned debugging on and I get this error now where I previously got the Order History page:

Warning: File /home/actualpathhere/public_html/order-confirmation.php is deprecated
in /home/actualpathhere/public_html/classes/Tools.php on line 2147

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/actualpathhere/public_html/classes/Tools.php:2147) in /home/actualpathhere/public_html/classes/Tools.php on line 105

I saw on this forum it was suggested to try this for that error: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/297987-solved-paypal-payment-issue-cannot-modify-header-information/?p=1505989

But I don't have payment.php and I can't see any blank spaces before "<? php". I also tried replacing Tools.php with a fresh new one but it didn't help.

One more thing, Paypal express checkout works correctly. The order gets put in the database and I don't get the above error. I really would like Paypal Standard to work.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this. :) I really appreciate any responses. :)

Hello Xavier. Thank you so much for fixing that for me! :)

I have an update to my Paypal problem. I just tried the Paypal Europe version from http://addons.prestashop.com/en/payments-gateways-prestashop-modules/1748-paypal.html and it seems to be working for my sandbox. I haven't tried the live paypal yet. My settings for Paypal Europe are as follows:

Express Checkout shortcut - no.

Use Sandbox - Test mode

Payment Type - Direct Sales

I have noticed some differences between the Paypal Europe and Paypalusa module.

• For the Paypal Europe module, when I'm at paypal and login with my sandbox account, it has a Continue button and says "You're almost done. You will confirm your payment on facilatator account's Test Store." Then it loads the Order Confirmation screen. The sale is in the backend of the store and everything seems to go through ok.
  • The Paypal USA module instead has a "Pay Now" button and after it is pressed it says: "Thanks for your order. Your payment of $13.00 USD is complete. You're now going back to facilator account's Test Store. If you are not redirected within 10 seconds click here" and it then redirects to the order history page when debugging is off or that error/warning above when debugging is on.

Is  Paypalusa and Paypal Europe working in the same way? Is it okay to use Paypal Europe? Is Paypal Usa supposed to have the "Pay now" button? I wonder if it would be any different in the live not sandboxed version.

Thanks again! :)

Hello Benjamin, thanks for letting me know that. That made me feel a lot better. I still wanted to try some things and then I had an aha moment.The problem with paypalusa sandboxing not working is because I had my public_html password protected. I can't believe I didn't think of that! I wasn't ready to have the website be live. I'm surprised the sandboxed Paypal Europe worked and the sandboxed Paypal USA Express worked. They must work differently than Paypal USA Standard. But I'm not sure how.

I still get that warning/error in my first post but I turned that off. Paypalusa says the order is complete and then redirects. Now it sometimes goes to the Order History page without the new order (but the order still does go to the database and is confirmed. It seems to take some time to process?) , or it goes to the confirmation page where it says Congratulations! Your payment is pending verification, and your order has been saved under the reference ..." 

I was just wondering if this is normal behaviour?  Why does it say pending verification instead of "Your order on ______ is complete" like Paypal Europe says? Is there a way to make it go to Order History less often ?

Thank you :) You have been wonderful here!:)

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

hi folks, im on a live version here on vouchoff.com . it goes to paypal perfectly, when confirm pay in paypal, it goes to blank screen here: http://vouchoff.com/modules/paypal/express_checkout/payment.php?token=abc&PayerID=xyz. all api etc set correctly. INP set to enabled. Express checkout set. permissions all set to allow to view page : http://vouchoff.com/modules/paypal/express_checkout/payment.php . using ps 1.6 , pp v 3.8.1 any help appreciated, trev