[solved] Has anybody succeeded in importing categories or products via csv?

prestamax

I just tried to import categories and products and none of them is working. I upload the csv file so far so good, then I move forward to mapping and everything is mapped correctly. First line is skipped by default. As soon as I click on import csv it jumps back to the previous step. No error message ... just a loop but nothing happens, no category and no product is imported. Is it only me?

(I have tried in 1.6.0.2)

Edited by prestamax (see edit history)

Hi Conny,

thanks for confirming that it is working at your end ... this gives me hope :-)

I have enabled debug mode as you have suggested and I am receiving the following error messages for each product when trying to import products

Unknown error on line 1740 in file /var/www/virtual/xyz.de/htdocs/controllers/admin/AdminImportController.php: [8] Undefined property: Product::$warehouse

but even though I am getting the error message ... strange enough ... now the products are imported. I have used the sample csv file.

When trying to import categories nothing happens ... no error message, no category import.

So I will go ahead and do some more testing.

Edited by prestamax (see edit history)

I just tried to import categories and products and none of them is working. I upload the csv file so far so good, then I move forward to mapping and everything is mapped correctly. First line is skipped by default. As soon as I click on import csv it jumps back to the previous step. No error message ... just a loop but nothing happens, no category and no product is imported. Is it only me?

(I have tried in 1.6.0.2)

Hi Prestamax,

you shouldn't try CSV imports into a far from working perfectly alpha-version which will grow eventually to a stable version, but isn't yet. The message 'undefined property' indicates that this property (in German: 'Eigenschaft') - or maybe the method to import categories - doesn't seem to be correctly implemented for csv import in this pre-version of 1.6.

@Conny, no I didn't activate the extended warehouse option. Just the standard stock management is activated

@Eleazar, this is an alpha version for testing purposes. And this is just what I am doing ... what's wrong with that? If nobody is testing ... how will you get a stable version?

• Like 1

I just went ahead and installed the latest github version which seems to be 1.6.0.3. Most problems I had with the earlier versions have dissappeared now and the csv import worked fine too. I am more than happy :)

Nevertheless I would appreciate a success message after the import. Everything went fine, but I had to go to products to convince myself that the csv data had been imported. If there is a warning you can see it. If everything works perfectly there is no message that says "import successful" or something like this. But I must say I like the 1.6 version more and more ... great work!

• Like 1