Product image zoom no good with responsive theme

Our site is running a theme that calls to disable the default Prestashop mobile theme. It is responsive with HTML5 so it works well for screens of all sizes. The only problem is with zooming on product images while on a mobile device. Tap to zoom produces a js popup no bigger than the screen width that can't be zoomed.

My thought is to overcome using a product image zoom module (like Zoom Product Pro). This should be simple enough, but nothing that I'm trying is giving me the results that I'm looking for on a mobile device.

Here's what I've tried so far:

-Switch Prestashop to JqZoom: can't "cursor" with your finger over the image to zoom

-Switch Prestashop to ThickBox: image fixes width to screen, can't pinch to zoom

-elevateZoom module: doesn't work naturally, have to put finger on screen for a zoom box, can't see what you're zooming in on

-ZoomProductPro module: doesn't respond to screen size change. Can pinch to zoom wonderfully, but the js popup is bigger than the screen so there's no way to close the image once you've opened it.

Anybody know of a module that I might try?

Anybody know of a module that I might try?

Magic Zoom Plus is responsive and has two ways of zooming - on hover (zoom) and on click (enlarge).

Please MODERATED module and let us know what you think. Version 5.0 is being planned at present, so any requests you make will be considered for release in that version.