vblanch

[MODULE] elevateZoom for Prestashop: zoom and magnifier effects on images

Module Interesting! 

Thanks for the module! 

Thanks for working with Prestashop Community!

PD: Sorry for my English.

• Like 1

Module Interesting! 

Thanks for the module! 

Thanks for working with Prestashop Community!

PD: Sorry for my English.

Gracias nadie, también lo he colgado en el subforo en español :-)

= Thanks nadie, I also posted it into the spanish subforum.

• Like 1

looks fantastic!

can i add it to the free modules list? it's a pinned topic in free modules section

your module will be morevisible then,

just let me know if you agree

• Like 1

hello, you know if it works on prestashop 1.4.10?

Greetings

Greetings Speed2010,

I don't really know. I just released it and I only use Prestashop 1.5.x. You can give it a try.

You must change a line in elevatezoom.php to try the 1.4.x versions:

$this->ps_versions_compliancy = array('min' => '1.5', 'max' => '1.5.9.9');

to

$this->ps_versions_compliancy = array('min' => '1.4', 'max' => '1.5.9.9');

I must say that the jQuery calls are made to work with the "default" theme in 1.5.x. It's also possible that if the theme is different in that version, or you are using a different theme, it won't work. You'll have to addapt the module in this case.

Just tell me if it works. I'm really curious :-)

looks fantastic!

can i add it to the free modules list? it's a pinned topic in free modules section

your module will be morevisible then,

just let me know if you agree

Hi Mr. vekia,

of course you can! Thanks for doing it.

Cheers

• Like 1

Thanks so much for this great module!

MacRoy

You are welcome MacRoy,

Mr. vekia can I put a link to my github repository so everybody will be able to fork the code etc? (I've seen in the rules that no external links are allowed!). Thanks!

• Like 1

hello, you know if it works on prestashop 1.4.10?

Greetings

Added compatibility with 1.4.x since version 1.0.1 ;)

• Like 1

Bonjour et merci pour votre module.Par contre j'ai le même problème que and63 .Avez vous une solution?

Merci pour votre réponse

Hello everyone,

I noticed that there is a lack of free or open source "zoom" or magnifier effect modules out there, and the JqZoom provided by prestashop seems a bit basic for me, so I made my own and I'm putting it here.

The purpose of this plugin is to be able to add a magnifier or zoom efect to the product images in the product page (please see attached pics). There's also an extra field where you can put jQuery code to execute the elevateZoom plugin on other images, like product list images, etc. An example of this is provided inside the module.

It's based on the elevateZoom jQuery plugin by Andrew Eades (it's free software also). I have addapted and patched it to work with Prestashop, and then minified it to improve loading speed.

The module is completely free and is released under the GPL2 license.

It has been developed for Prestashop 1.5.x version * EDIT now compatible with 1.4.x since module version 1.0.1, not tested with 1.3.x but may work *.

The module is multilingual. If it's not translated to your language you can the language file here and I'll add it to the module.

Thank you!

Installation and use :

1. Put the "elevatezoom" folder into "modules" folder in your Prestashop installation.

2. Enable the module in Modules (Back Office): search for it, then install and activate.

3. In Modules, click the "Configure" button on the elevateZoom for Prestashop module.

4. Set the settings for your product page or product list/other zooms and press "Save".

5. Look at your product page and amaze B)

Please feel free to submit patches or translations in this thread so I can add them to the module and credit you accordingly.

Version history:

1.0.0 Initial release of the module (only works with 1.5.x)

1.0.1 Now also compatible with Prestashop 1.4.x !

Bonjour et merci pour votre module par contre j'ai le même problème que and63.je suis sur 1.561 ,avez vous une solution ?. merci

Bonjour et merci pour votre module par contre j'ai le même problème que and63.je suis sur 1.561 ,avez vous une solution ?. merci

Hello houin, bonjour.

I understand that the window is hiding your short description. That's the normal behaviour of the elevateZoom plugin.

Just change the type of zoom to "inner" or "lens" instead of window if you don't want to hide the short description.

Can you provide a link to your site?

• Like 1

The problem is with Google Chrome from what I see.

You are right, there's some problem with z-index in Chrome, I'll take a look. Thanks!

• Like 1

hello, thank you.

I will test

Greetings

Ok I really hope someone helps me! I installed module but i dont see any changes. I assume its because the theme i use already had a "zoom" type module which is taking president over the new one. As you can see the current one doesnt zoom it just opens a identical box as you can see:

http://buynowwholesale.com/en/men-s-collared-shirts/826-korean-plus-size-plaid-edges-fit-long-sleeve-mens-shirts-white.html

I have looked and looked through the list of modules currently installed to try and find the one using this feature and disable it so that this one will work but ...I CANT FIND IT! Does anyone know if that is what i need to do to get this module going and do you know what the name of the module is that I need to disable??? 

Ok I really hope someone helps me! I installed module but i dont see any changes. I assume its because the theme i use already had a "zoom" type module which is taking president over the new one. As you can see the current one doesnt zoom it just opens a identical box as you can see:

http://buynowwholesale.com/en/men-s-collared-shirts/826-korean-plus-size-plaid-edges-fit-long-sleeve-mens-shirts-white.html

I have looked and looked through the list of modules currently installed to try and find the one using this feature and disable it so that this one will work but ...I CANT FIND IT! Does anyone know if that is what i need to do to get this module going and do you know what the name of the module is that I need to disable??? 

Hi there dbeezer99,

there's a problem with the z-indexes in Chrome. The problem is this: the original plugin didn't work well with firefox, so I changed the internal z-index of the elements. Now the problem seems that the new z-index don't show properly on Chrome.

I'll take a look when I can but right now I'm busy and can't fix it. I suggest that you disable the elevateZoom module for now, or if you have programming skills you can take the code and try to fix it yourself.

I'm sorry for this, it's hard to make it work for all the major browsers!

• Like 1

Hi again, I fixed the Google Chrome bug. It was a css statement that was showing the elements incorrectly.

Please use the 1.0.2 version, it should work now.

• Like 1

Please download 1.0.2, it should work now on Chrome.

Okay I deleted the older version module and installed the new one but its still not working. But like I said Im thinking it may be because of the current "zoom" module that is installed. Ive looked twice through my installed modules and i cant seem ti fins the one that is using this feature to uninstall it. any thoughts? THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!

Super fonctionne sur google chrome , IE , et firefox en grand merci.

well I noticed it now working so that awesome. I did think ( based on the screen shots) that it would zoom but it really just turning image into a floating one.  Or is this how its supposed to be? 

http://buynowwholesale.com/en/women-s-dresses-/3051-skinny-spaghetti-strap-twist-open-back-red-micro-fiber-sheath-dress.html

Hi there again dbeezer.

Please look at the link provided inside the module to the elevatezoom website.

There look for the examples. You can achieve all the effects featured there with this module. You just need to put the right parameters.

The module has three main modes: inner, window and lens. You have set the "inner" mode. Just change it in the "Configure" tab in the module.

Also it's VERY important to disable JqZoom in the Preferences as it's stated in the module.

To the people reporting that the module works well, thanks :-)

You're my hero. This is by far the best free zoom module for Prestashop!

Thanks, you can show me your love if you want :D in the module config page says how.

Very nice ! Thx.

I just put it on my site: www.antiqudesign.fr and looks really beautiful.

Sorry link doesn't work, I like to see my module working, makes me happy ^_^

You can see it working here: http://www.antiquedesign.fr/ and here http://www.ledswatchit.com

Cool thanks, super sized lens!! :)

wow yeah this module works great on your images . How did you get it to zoom so well. On my store it really doesnt zoom???

Hers an example:

http://buynowwholesale.com/women-s-boots/7-hot-sale-yellow-suede-plus-size-tassel-boots.html

Did you change something in the config? if so what..thanks in advance fro your help!

dbeezer99, your "zoomed" image is the size of the "thickbox_default" parameter in BackOffice > Preferences > Images. Please change it to a larger size and then "Regenerate Thumbnails" again in Preferences > Images (it's at the bottom of that page in PS 1.5.x ).

Ahhh good idea but Dont you mean change the thickbox image to smaller size to the zoom willl zoom. my thinkbox is 900x900 right now. Theme came that way but pls confirm you meant decrease size not increase..thx!

increase your thickbox_default images to for example 1280x1024 (with good quality of course) and you will have a sharp zoom.  :)

Hi, for me it not working on my theme. I disabled jqzoom, but it not work.. if i enabling default presta theme it work well, but if i enabling my custome theme (Autumn responsive for prestashop) it not working.

Suggestions?

Hi, for me it not working on my theme. I disabled jqzoom, but it not work.. if i enabling default presta theme it work well, but if i enabling my custome theme (Autumn responsive for prestashop) it not working.

Suggestions?

Please put URL of your shop here so we can help you.

The module jQuery calls are made for the "default" theme and it's child or derivative themes. You will have to change the jQuery calls yourself.

I will update the module shortly so everybody can do it via the back office configure page.

Thank you again for this great module! 

Would it be possible to come up with a tip? 

I would love to have a small magnifying glass that customers could choose to click when they want enlarger of product images. 

Thank you in advance 

Sincerely

MacRoy

Thx again to the coder that made this but it has caused me a few problems I need help with. I didnt notice them at first because im always using the top category menu from my home page but I am not able to access the category drop down ( All Things Men) that is above the image that the zoom module is zooming in on. Please see for your self using the example link below. Also second problem is that I cant click the "view full size" on image which isnt as big of a problem then the category problem.

Please help...because this modul no work for me...in my site "www.ajbs.co.id"

I am use prestashop 1.5.3.1... if  I am try to click at image product ,..then will show message "The requested content cannot be loaded.

Please try again later."

post-724785-0-86971900-1390549456_thumb.png

Edited by abby_66 (see edit history)

This module created a problem for me and I really need help ASAP! when I am viewing a product I cant access the top menu category tree right above the picture that is using the zoom module. When i try to hover my mouse to select a drop down category it jumps over to the zoom as it has priority i guess. here you can see what im talking about: http://prntscr.com/2m885l

Also it prob easier to see if you actually try it: http://buynowwholesale.com/women-s-leggings/340-unique-zippers-embellished-black-velvet-leggings-for-women.html

If you try it a few times eventually it will work but I def need help fixing this! thank you in advance fro your help!

This module created a problem for me and I really need help ASAP! when I am viewing a product I cant access the top menu category tree right above the picture that is using the zoom module. When i try to hover my mouse to select a drop down category it jumps over to the zoom as it has priority i guess. here you can see what im talking about: http://prntscr.com/2m885l

Also it prob easier to see if you actually try it: http://buynowwholesale.com/women-s-leggings/340-unique-zippers-embellished-black-velvet-leggings-for-women.html

If you try it a few times eventually it will work but I def need help fixing this! thank you in advance fro your help!

Hi again,

it seems that it could be a z-index problem between your theme and this module.

This module has been made for the "default" theme and derivates, I'm sorry it doesn't work for your theme but I just can't make a module that addapts to every theme. You should addapt your theme or modify the module itself.

Cheers.

Please help...because this modul no work for me...in my site "www.ajbs.co.id"

I am use prestashop 1.5.3.1... if  I am try to click at image product ,..then will show message "The requested content cannot be loaded.

Please try again later."

Hi abby_66, try disabling the module and see if the problem persists.

If so, you will have to modify the module or use another one.

Which theme are you using in your Prestashop?

Hi again dbeezer99,

This is the normal behaviour of the "lens" zoom. There's nothing wrong with it. If you dislike that effect I recommend you to switch to "inner" zoom, or if you want you can modify the elevateZoom javascript code to match your needs.

Cheers

Well I dont know hoe to adapt my theme or modify the module so i disabled the module and now my old "zoom" module that i didnt like isnt working. is there a string of code you could pls pls provide that can fix this problem?

okay I take that back the old module is working but I still have the problem and i didnt have it before I installed the module so can you please help me fix this! Thank you in advance so much for helping me !

okay I take that back the old module is working but I still have the problem and i didnt have it before I installed the module so can you please help me fix this! Thank you in advance so much for helping me !

Hi there,

elevateZoom module does not touch any Prestashop settings.

Disable it and enable JqZoom and you will be as before.

If you don't want it anymore, just uninstall it.

Cheers

Thanks! Works perfectly :)

You are welcome :-D

it works..make sure you have this setting off:

http://prntscr.com/2njxgz

i have setting it off, but i think this problem about z-index, any sugestion else, i use prestashop 1.5.6.1, work perfectly on firefox but not with chrome, (sory for my english)

edited: so sorry, I don't know this module was updated, and I was downloading new version of this module, and now work perfectly on chrome, thanks

Edited by sando779 (see edit history)

Nice module. Thank you.

I changed my thickbox images to 900 and filled the extra parameters field with "zoomWindowWidth: 250, zoomWindowHeight:250". Problem is that I am now getting white margins. See the attached picture. Is there a solution for this?

post-302430-0-40043100-1391369518_thumb.jpg

Edited by musicmaster (see edit history)

Hello,

Thank you for this great module, the effects are awesome !

But I think that isn't compatible with Safari, the effects are very very slow.

Thank you

Thank you very much. That's what I needed :)

Thanks and thanks to the people thanking me :D

Hello,

Thank you for this great module, the effects are awesome !

But I think that isn't compatible with Safari, the effects are very very slow.

Thank you

Yes it's a bit slow in Safari, I will have to take a look! If anyone knows how to fix it please tell me.

Nice module. Thank you.

I changed my thickbox images to 900 and filled the extra parameters field with "zoomWindowWidth: 250, zoomWindowHeight:250". Problem is that I am now getting white margins. See the attached picture. Is there a solution for this?

Hi there musicmaster,

I think there's a parameter to set the background color of the zoom, you will have to take a look at the code. You can put the extra parameters in the module config page.

If you can't then you can fix that via a css rule.

Hope it helps.

Good job!

Many thanks - Interesting and must for picture-rich projects! 

There were some misunderstanding during installation and I even left here some request for help. 

UPD:  Solved after accurate reading readme.txt file in the module archive

It works - many thanks!

Edited by IgorOsnitsky (see edit history)

is possible to apply the function module to the list of products?

Very good idea !

• Like 1

Hi there

Just tried it.

Amazing, beautiful, super job. It WORKS.

Thanks for ever. Honestly I would pay for this module if it were commercial.

Victor, you should definitely develop more modules and make some earning. Keep them as neat and easy, that's all.

is possible to apply the function module to the list of products?

Hi Sara,

yes it's possible, there's an extra field where you can make extra jquery calls. You can call if from there and apply it to prouduct lists. The call depends on your theme. If you are on Default theme or a derivate, I can try to find the way.

Hi there

Just tried it.

Amazing, beautiful, super job. It WORKS.

Thanks for ever. Honestly I would pay for this module if it were commercial.

Victor, you should definitely develop more modules and make some earning. Keep them as neat and easy, that's all.

Thanks a lot chrislep62 for your kind words :-) elevateZoom jQuery plugin is free and made by another guy, so I cannot charge for it. I just made an usable Prestashop module from it. If you want to contribute to this and future modules there's the way to make a donation in the module "configure" button page, on the bottom :-)

Cheers

Good job!

Many thanks - Interesting and must for picture-rich projects! 

There were some misunderstanding during installation and I even left here some request for help. 

UPD:  Solved after accurate reading readme.txt file in the module archive

It works - many thanks!

You are welcome :-) Hope you enjoy it!

Hi Sara,

yes it's possible, there's an extra field where you can make extra jquery calls. You can call if from there and apply it to prouduct lists. The call depends on your theme. If you are on Default theme or a derivate, I can try to find the way.

I've tried to apply to all products, but not exactly have to do, can you explain with some detail please? I am new in these functions

I've tried to apply to all products, but not exactly have to do, can you explain with some detail please? I am new in these functions

Please post a link to your shop so we can take a look!

Hello everyone,

I noticed that there is a lack of free or open source "zoom" or magnifier effect modules out there, and the JqZoom provided by prestashop seems a bit basic for me, so I made my own and I'm putting it here.

The purpose of this plugin is to be able to add a magnifier or zoom efect to the product images in the product page (please see attached pics). There's also an extra field where you can put jQuery code to execute the elevateZoom plugin on other images, like product list images, etc. An example of this is provided inside the module.

It's based on the elevateZoom jQuery plugin by Andrew Eades (it's free software also). I have addapted and patched it to work with Prestashop, and then minified it to improve loading speed.

It has been developed for Prestashop 1.5.x version * EDIT now compatible with 1.4.x since module version 1.0.1, not tested with 1.3.x but may work *.

The module is multilingual. If it's not translated to your language you can the language file here and I'll add it to the module.

Thank you!

Installation and use :

1. Put the "elevatezoom" folder into "modules" folder in your Prestashop installation.

2. Enable the module in Modules (Back Office): search for it, then install and activate.

3. In Modules, click the "Configure" button on the elevateZoom for Prestashop module.

4. Set the settings for your product page or product list/other zooms and press "Save".

Please feel free to submit patches or translations in this thread so I can add them to the module and credit you accordingly.

Version history:

1.0.2 Fixed Google Chrome visualization bug.

THIS IS SOOOO AWSOME! THANKS YOUUUUUUUU

I've just installed this module on my website and it looks great, works fine, no problems at all. 

REALLY THANKS :-)

Prestashop version 1.5.6.2 , theme made with presta theme maker, website opens in a few week.

www.italianbridalshop.com

Can i use this module also with the new 1.6 PS ?  Did anybody tested it ?

Messaggio per versione 1.6

non funziona. peccato era davvero un buon modulo

Il modulo seguente (s) non sono stati installati con successo:

• elevatezoom : 
        The version of your module is not compliant with your PrestaShop version.

Messaggio per versione 1.6

non funziona. peccato era davvero un buon modulo

Il modulo seguente (s) non sono stati installati con successo:

• elevatezoom : 

The version of your module is not compliant with your PrestaShop version.

Ciao Matteoint,

per favore provare la versione 1.0.3.

Grazie :)

Can i use this module also with the new 1.6 PS ?  Did anybody tested it ?

Hi there elenaba,

please try the new version (1.0.3). I modified it to work with PS 1.6.

Cheers

Thanks for this module!!

It work well on PS 1.5.4.1 :)

You are welcome, thanks for trying it ^_^

Hello everyone,

This module is now compatible with 1.4.x and 1.6.x. Not tested with 1.3.x but may work.

Thank you!

Installation and use :

Version history:

1.0.2 Fixed Google Chrome visualization bug.

1.0.3 Added support for Prestashop 1.6.x due to popular demand.

AWESOME mas bro,thanks bgt..hehehe regard from indonesia :)

Hi!

Unfortunately it does not work on Prestashop 1.6.0.5 

Can you look at this?

Regards

MacRoy

Hi!

Unfortunately it does not work on Prestashop 1.6.0.5 

Can you look at this?

Regards

MacRoy

Hi MacRoy,

it should work. I tried it on the latest Prestashop 1.6 available some days ago.

Could you show me your Prestashop where it's not working? Or tell me the error it's giving you?

Hi,

Also have problems on Prestashop 1.6.0.5...default install/theme and demo products...something is wrong somewhere !?

On product page zooming doesn't work, the square window comes up but doesn't actually zoom anything, same if set to show on position 2, 3 etc, shows same image. If set to 'lens' just shows a square etc...

Additionally the module also seems to activate on the popup quickview window, not sure if jqzoom does that too but would like to disable it there, any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi!

On product page zooming doesn't work at all. Magnifier is showing but doesn't actually zoom anything!

Are you using PrestaShop 1.6.0.5! Or what version do you have?

I have set the image size to 1280 x 1024 but nothing happens.

Sincerely

MacRoy

• Like 1

I am using the Prestashop 1.6.0.5 (the latest version) and Elevate zoom's default settings but the problem is that the zoomed image and the current image are same. I found that both of the elements are using the large_default image but we should have thickbox_default image in the zoomed area.

I am sinking under the codes from 4 hours but I am not a JQuery savvy so there's not a single clue what the problem is?

Pleas help me as soon as possible!

Here's my website's example product to analayze:

www.senoritaclassic.com

Edited by Junaid Khawaja (see edit history)

Yes it works fine PS 1.5.6.2

Only one question, i like to personalize the JQuery Code, i've tried in 2 different ways :

Extra parameters : Works well but only with some parameters ( not accept the "True" Parameters in some functions )

CODE :  zoomWindowOffetx:50, scrollZoom : "True", responsive : "True"

Activate elevateZoom additional code but the code is not take in account from the module :

CODE

$("a.product_image img").elevateZoom({zoomType : "lens", lensShape : "round", scrollZoom : "True", responsive : "True", lensSize : 100, zoomWindowOffetx : 70});

Am I doing some mistake or could be compatibility problem with the template or other such ?

Regards,

Amar

Hello, I just installed the module and it's really fantastic, just wat I was looking for, purtroopo I only have a small problem, the zoom only works if I make it scroll with the mouse, I'll explain, by hovering over the image you can see the zoom handle and open the preview to the side just like I used to but the zoom remains the same and even if I move the mouse the square with the image does not change. 

Only after you touch the mouse scroll wheel everything works correctly, more if I disable the scroll function does not work anymore. 

jQuery 3.0.8 elevateZoom 

Prestashop Version 1.6.0.6 

I hope you can give me a hand.

cagrie which settings you used, it's just that the zoom function would serve me but my site is not working, 

I give you the website to understand the error 

Edited by pauldomy (see edit history)

Hello cagrie!

Which version of PrestaShop 1.6 do you have?

And what settings have you done to get it to work?

Regards

MacRoy

v1.6.0.5 

Working Well

Thank you