[SOLVED] Has anyone had success with Pinterest Rich Pins?

Hey everyone,

When I use the Rich Pin verification tool to see which tags are grabbed, only about half of them are from the prestashop product page on our site.

http://developers.pinterest.com/rich_pins/

Has anyone had any success with incorporating these tags? Could anyone maybe point me in the right direction of how I would go about doing this?

Thanks in advance!

roflmyeggo

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Hey Dh42,

Thanks for the response. I am running 1.5.4.1 right now. That would be awesome! Is it a complex module to put together?

Best regards,

roflmyeggo

• 3 months later...

I hate to pull up a solved thread but there is good information here from DH and Nemo.

I can not get past validation because the price and currency tags are missing. My question is, how to I add those into the header and be able to pull the current price of the product?

Hey Whispar,

I had no problems. I think one or two things were missing but Pinterest still accepted my application. Price was definitely not missing. Maybe you have made some modifications to your theme is resulting in these problems.

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah the problem is getting the meta tag syntax right. What I need to get the price (with any discounts that may apply)

into this meta: <meta property="product:price:amount" content="???????????????"/>

I have already fixed the currency tag - just do not know the correct syntax to display current price

This is my code. Currency Validates -  Price does not.

But, if you look at the source code of any product page, the correct price shows up in the meta tag....

<meta property="product:price:amount" content="{$product->getPrice(false)|string_format:"%.2f"}" />
<meta property="product:price:currency" content="{$currency->iso_code}" />

Update:
Putting that code in my header.tpl makes all pages not display - back to square one :/
Edited by Whispar1 (see edit history)
  • Like 1