How to change dimension of page

pattyo

Hi, you would like to transform whole page to full screen mode or just header? If whole page - then maybe it will be less effort to look for some ready to use fullscreen theme. Adapting involves knowledge of css and a lot of changes.

Anyway at first go to /admin /advanced parameters/performance and disable cache (after you are done don't forget to enable it again).

Then open file /themes/thgr00027/css/global.css - if you want to change just header dimensions then look for line 55. and change value width to 

width:100%;

Then maybe play a little also with line  594 - margins top and left to position top logo nicer.

Vekia thank you i tried that tutorials but theyere not working for me or im doing something bad... Page looks now like this http://www.styleshop.finacademy.eu   I guess something is bad in that footer.tpl... Can you help me please? I uploaded here all files i really dont know where can be error. http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/7W%2F5dICOAd4WSsjhVhqVFNnUCjWSGT2ruwDJrf6i3Hk
Thank you...

Hello my friend...im really sad now because i turned off all modules then i turned it on and now i have on my page really mismach... 
Is there any solution to restore all modules/setting but keep manufactures categories and products? I mean restore deffault template with all products and informations... now page look likes this... www.styleshop.finacademy.eu..

1.I some blocks are showing duplicate and some blocks are showing... i need cms block but when i install that modul nothing happens.

2.Dunno what do with header i resized it to low white picture because when i put bigger header he cover Category block like this http://img4host.net/upload/2101180552ddbcbdc77b0.JPG

Every help will helps! I will be very grateful for some help.. Thank you

Edited by pattyo (see edit history)

Hi pattyo,

If you go to modules->positions you see an option "live edit" on the right hand side. If you click here, you can, by dragging, move the blocks to their new places, or delete blocks you don't want. This may help to fix the layout again.

If you add the big header again, we can check what CSS value in global.css you need to change to make the header not overlap the left column. So please add and then report back when dons so and I will have a look what you need to change next.

Hope this helps,

Pascal

Pascal many thanks for your help...really bro. I added header. do you need also file global.css? But i another problem that - some block are not displaying for example block cms where i have informations about shipping and sales condition.

Hi Pattyo, there are a few option to solve the header:

Do you only want the left column down a little?

Then add to /themes/default/css/global.css (line 44):

#left_column{

margin-top: 72px;           <- add this line

}

You will get something like this:
post-455771-0-47253800-1390313894_thumb.png

If you want all columns down, you can do this: (same global.css file, line 548)

#header {

position: relative;

margin-bottom: 72px;

}

You will get something like this:
post-455771-0-14081400-1390313889_thumb.png

or, if you want all columns down AND all search boxes, shopping cart down as well: (line 556)
#header_right {

float: right;

margin-top: 72px;

}

then you get:
post-455771-0-61775600-1390313880_thumb.png

Hope there's anything you like...

pascal

About the cms info:

go to modules->modules and check if CMS block module is active. If so, click on configure link and check if the left or right column has any cms block to display. You can also add them to your footer here.

hope this does the trick,

pascal.

Thank you! I cant believe people like you are still living :) . Header is awesome but that cms does not work. It is active and i have some informations on left and some on the right side but the module is not showing on page also when i click live edit i dont see him there...I guess you know how this cms work - cant be wrong i have name of the category "Home" and theyere not home on the side? Sry for the stupid questions but im really newbie on this... -_-  

If you want, I can have a quick look in your back office, to see if I can find anything obvious?

If you like that, PM (Personal Message (!!!)) me the URL to your admin login, a login and password (you can make a temporary employee with admin/superadmin rights which you can remove when I'm finished). (Don't post this info here for obvious reasons !!)

Or Email it to me: [email protected]

Let me know ,

pascal.

To refine the header, you might consider to lower the shopping cart a little, to make it start the same level as the search box:

/modules/blockuserinfo/blockuserinfo.css  (line 9):

#header_user #header_nav {

list-style-type: none;

float: right;

margin-top: 28px;

}

The space between the header and the columns is then a little tto big, so decrease the value of:
 global.css file, line 546)

#header {

margin-bottom: 45px;          <- was 72px, decrease a little

}

Ok, had a look at your back office. The module was not 'hooked' in the left column/right column/ footer.

(To do this, go to modules->positions, click transplant a module (top right button) and select the cms block module. Then add to right column/left column/footer hook.)

I did it for you, now you can go to live edit again and drag them wherever you want them.

pascal.

(N.B. A reset module would have done it for you automatically...)