Configuring Shopping Cart

I am using PS version 1.5.6.1 default template. Is there any way that I can modify the check out process? I am using PayPal for check out. However, when someone places an item in the shopping cart, the default template check out takes them through a process where they have to provide personal information. Since PayPal already requires this, I would like to eliminate many of these steps. Can someone tell me how to do it?

Check out my site: http://www.valdivia-optical.com and save an item to the cart. When you access it, the checkout with Paypal button appears directly under the total. Perfect! However, directly below, it appears that there are other ways to check out too (as a guest or by signing in). This is not true. At this time, I only offer PayPal. Since the stuff below the PayPal button is extraneous, I would like to eliminate it.

I think you misunderstood the procedure!

any costumee must either register with you via the normal registration form, or he can checkout as a guest with the minimum of information.

if a costumer registers in your site, he will be able to comeback any time to login with his/her username and password.

if a costomer chooses to checkout as a guest , he will not be registered but the information gathered are just for the purpose of billing and the invoice.

in any transaction, there should be an address and full information, or else where will you send the items?

the registration in PayPal is totally different from the registration in prestashop and you can't have those information as well!

you may make the registration lighter, I mean you delete some fields which you judge unnecessary, but to get rid of it....that is out of question according to me;)

• 2 weeks later...