[SOLVED] Unable to Complete Installation

Hi!

I am unable to get PrestaShop Installed! 

Here's an overview: The owner has a site (couturestatis.com) with the domain name from Google  and the hosting from GoDaddy, and now she wants to use a template. Last night I was having trouble with the "Launching the auto-installer" section of the documentation, and I was unable to even find my /install folder. I read in another post in this forum that I needed to change the nameserver in the Google account. After I did that, I was able to begin installation by going to to the /install folder at http://www.couturestatis.com/shop/prestashop/install/ 

I got to the third smiley face and received the error "Database server is not found". I noticed the number below, but there was no one in the office until morning, so I fell asleep. This morning, that same address which should link to the /install folder (and hopefully saving my place at the third smiley icon) is now just loading the old site. 

Please excuse the newbie language...I hope all of this is making sense, and that you will be able to help me. I really need to complete installation as soon as possible.  Please help!

Thank you!

kae

Thank you so much for your response.

I used the password that I created for the MySQL, and then several other passwords that I could have possibly mixed it up with. Do I need to redo step 3 and make a new database altogether?

The bigger problem, unfortunately, is that I am unable to even get to that point anymore, as the installation page is completely replaced by the old site. How can I resume -- or start over for that matter?

Thanks again,

kae

Hmm, well. For you, I would probably use a hosting provider that has a working auto-installer. There are bunches of them, I recommend InMotion and I think you'll find their prices to competitive. http://www.prestashop.com/en/ecommerce-hosting/inmotion-hosting

If you are going to manually install it I would first read the documentation here, 

That should help.

I wish I would have known that earlier! The hosting is already paid for through the year.

And the installation documents you have provided are what I have been using from the beginning, and I am unable to get through the launching auto-installer section due to my inability to access the /install folder. I will double check to see if the answer is in there somewhere.

Hi,

in the link you provided, I noticed that you have your-site/shop/prestashop/install/

Why using two sub-folders?if you want to install the prestashop in the root of your site, then just copy all the files you find in the folder prestashop to the root of your site using ftp, or if you want to work on a sub-folder, copy them to that sub-folder for example

your-site/shop/

when you copy your files to your server, please don't copy the folder prestashop as it is (i.e a single folder); no, open it and copy the files and folders that are Inside it. so for example to install you will have your-site/shop/install

when installing prestashop you have the possibility to test the connection to database, do that next time, so if you have any error in connecting you will be told, if successful then proceed!

• Like 1

Hi,

in the link you provided, I noticed that you have your-site/shop/prestashop/install/

Why using two sub-folders?if you want to install the prestashop in the root of your site, then just copy all the files you find in the folder prestashop to the root of your site using ftp, or if you want to work on a sub-folder, copy them to that sub-folder for example

your-site/shop/

when you copy your files to your server, please don't copy the folder prestashop as it is (i.e a single folder); no, open it and copy the files and folders that are Inside it. so for example to install you will have your-site/shop/install

when installing prestashop you have the possibility to test the connection to database, do that next time, so if you have any error in connecting you will be told, if successful then proceed!

Exactly, good find. The video explains that pretty well. You would copy and paste all folders and files within the "PrestaShop" install folder into the subdomain and blank directory you created. For example, couturestatis.com/shop .. You would paste the files and folders in the /shop directory. 

Thanks again for your help. I was able to figure out the

I used created a database with godaddy, and I am honestly unsure of which information goes where. The values are different than in the video. Below is the information provided by GoDaddy.

Database name and username:

Password:

Friendly Name

Admin URL (phpMyAdmin):
MySQL version:
Hostname:

Can you please help me figure out what to put where?

Thanks again for your help. I was able to figure out the

I used created a database with godaddy, and I am honestly unsure of which information goes where. The values are different than in the video. Below is the information provided by GoDaddy.

Password:

Friendly Name

Admin URL (phpMyAdmin):
MySQL version:
Hostname:

Can you please help me figure out what to put where?

During installation of PrestaShop you need this information 

Password:

I am getting this error when I test the database connection:

"Database Server is not found. Please verify the login, password and server fields (DbPDO)"

I feel really dumb asking but if it is not localhost, where do I find the database server address?

the name and username are correct.

Maybe this will help. I have attached a screenshot of the MySQL info GoDaddy provided and of what I entered in the installation screen. I used "dbraquel" as both the database name and database login, and used the password that I used to create the database. I left the other fields with what was automatically posted. _ss1.png_ss2.png

Well, some might say using GoDaddy as a Ecommerce store host was the first thing you did wrong. I wouldn't go that far but you do need to talk with them after you watch this video, 

if it doesn't work still.

oh, ok. I will contact GoDaddy then. I'm not sure what to ask but hopefully when I explain the situation they would have had similar problems in the past or something.

in database server address put the name of your hostname (dbraquel........com) not localhost...if you were doing that since the start, then that was the problem!

localhost only when it is on the computer:)

the domain name is couturestatis.com. Are you saying to put dbraquel.couturestatis.com?

FYI: hostname is the name of your database server.

in a local installation (in the computer) that will be either the localhost or the 127.0.0.1

But when you are online every hosting company names the server of the database differently. and they even give different naming, in your case they called hostname and for example my case they called DB serveur:)

Happy to know that it works for you know:)

• Like 1